Light Mountain, Color the Gray!, Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Light Brown, 7 oz (197 g)

Reviews 5-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

If you get your hairdresser to apply it, you'll be on to a winner!

Posted by Reviewer2777825 on Feb 14, 2009

I've been using this for nearly a year now and have been very pleased with the results. I didn't want to apply it myself cos I didn't want the mess or for me to get it wrong but my hairdresser offered to do it. On to a winner! She enjoys doing it, I don't have to worry how long to leave it on for, I don't get mess all over my house and I get professionally applied natural hair colour. I started off with their normal henna but this one gives more natural results.

Great results

Posted by Reviewer1728405 on Jul 18, 2011

The colouring process is rather messy and time consuming, but the result is perfect. Covers the grey totally. Beware that this is NOT light brown, but rather dark brown.

Works, but lots of work

Posted by Reviewer1533331 on Apr 24, 2012

Henna is a lot of work. It is also a big commitment: once you henna you can't switch back to chemical colorants. I use this to cover gray. The color says light brown, but on me it turns chestnut - maybe my hair is porous, or maybe I have hennaed for so long it has built up. Do a strand test. Before you try this, please realize it is going to take several HOURS - boiling distilled water, curing the henna paste, putting on the red henna, rinsing it, applying the brown indigo/henna mixture, letting it set, rinsing it....the rinsing is rather daunting. No kidding, this is a pain. However, it's the only way if you want to color your hair and not put toxic chemicals on it. If there were any other way, I would do it - but so far, this is it. Results last as long as permanent color on me. In fact, I wish they would fade because my hair is too dark. PS - you have to stay away from chlorinated pools FOREVER after you henna, or wear a Speedo cap. Unless you want green hair.

No more grey hair

Posted by Reviewer2436167 on Apr 26, 2012

It covers grey hair completely. The length of the colouring process does not bother me at all. Henna does not only colour the hair, it is also an excellent mask for hair.

I have been using this product and will continue to use it

Posted by Reviewer1432384 on Dec 20, 2012

The color covers my grey longer than the other brands with Henna I've ordered from iherb.com. The light brown color I use blends good and it does not get a dull look as it lightens over time. In fact, it looks better after several shampoos when it shows multishades giving depth but in a natural way. And it doesn't give me a lot of red like the other brands I used. I also use shampoo/conditioner with Henna that helps to add shine. BTW, it does not include a separate conditioner packet like the other brands, but it's probably included in the second coloring packet (it is a 2-step process).

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »