Henna, henna, henna...

Posted by Reviewer1533331 on Mar 30, 2012

Henna is truly a mess. You have to be so committed to avoiding chemicals to even fool with it. This product is a henna kit. First you apply the bright red henna undercoat (Step 1) to cover gray and give the second step something to bond to. Next you apply the Step 2 indigo/henna blend. Finally, you rinse for a long, long time. But this DOES actually cover gray. If you have gray roots, henna alone does not cover them. It is twice the work, but you need to use a kit like this to cover gray effectively. Medium brown is a good color, not too dark. I once used the dark brown version of this and ended up with black strands. So I stick with medium brown. INDIGO is impossible to remove. Do a strand test. PS You cannot go into chlorinated water once you have hennaed your hair unless you wear a bathing cap. Chlorinated pool water WILL turn your hair forest green. Word to the wise.

I reccomend it!

Posted by Reviewer2359825 on Sep 10, 2008

It was time consuming and yeah a lil messy, but after years of using store bought colorants and frying my hair it was worth the time!! I have gotten nothing but compliments on my hair and people asking where I had it done. I tell em it was not a salon, did it myself and it was all natural ingredients and they are shocked! You have to follow the timing for step one and two EXACTLY or the color wont set right. If you are in a hurry, this is not for you, but if you want something GOOD for your hair and covers the gray *very well I might add!* this is for you!

First Henna - Transition from chemically treated hair

Posted by Reviewer2597602 on Jul 19, 2010

After an alarming neurological reaction to a home hair color kit, I decided to switch to a safer alternative. Because my hair was dry from the chemicals and inherently dry by nature being curly; I followed the advice given to first use neutral henna. I am incredibly pleased with the outcome. I have a significant amount of grey at the temples and under my bangs and assumed it would be a challenge to cover it. Although I was aware neutral henna could impart blonde/yellow tones to grey hair I was only expecting to prepare my hair for a brown henna. I'm really pleased that the neutral henna has done a beautiful job blending in the grey with blonde tones. I will be experimenting in the near future with the box of medium brown henna cover the grey but might try it as a gloss to avoid any unwanted red tones. I will follow up with those results. I am a happy convert to henna. I didn't find the process as messy as many people report and because I have short hair, it wasn't too challenging to rinse out with the use of some conditioner. I will most definately be a regular henna user.

A great alternative to chemical hair coloring products

Posted by Reviewer1043868 on Mar 21, 2010

I just colored my hair yesterday. I have learned to really condition my hair prior to using this product and leaving the henna step 1 and step 2 to cure for 2-3 hours before using it. I leave it in my hair for one hour and cover with a plastic bag, It is a very messy process but it works. The more you use it the better it takes and I find that using conditioner to rinse the last step helps get most of the henna out.

This product works!!

Posted by Reviewer2302384 on Nov 09, 2011

This is messy and time consuming but it does work. I have been using it for 2 years now and I like how my hair looks. I am glad that I do not use commercial dyes any longer...they burned my scalp...but I am not ready to go grey yet-this is a healthy alternative...you do need time and patience. Please follow the directions closely-you get better results. I add the day old coffee which really does work too!

Healthy Way to Cover Gray

Posted by 5286137265909011724 on Apr 20, 2015

I've been using this product for about a year. It is a bit messy but the results are great! After being diagnosed with medullary thyroid cancer I was uneasy about using hair color that was full of chemicals. This product allows me to keep my hair beautifully colored and shiny but without the possibility of endangering my health. As always, I-Herb offers a great price and fast shipping!

BEST ABSOULUTE PRODUCT COLORS GRAY AND HAS BEAUTIFUL COLOR

Posted by 4756233811884990690 on Feb 06, 2014

AFTER PLAYING WITH MANY HENNA'S I FOUND THIS IS THE TRUEST BROWN W/O THAT RED TINT USUALLY LEFT WHEN USING HENNA .I VOTE EXCELLENT

Very healthy hair

Posted by Reviewer1751091 on May 08, 2014

I have been using this product for close to 5 years now and my hair is fabulously conditioned and healthy. The dye lasts better than chemical dye and I always get comments bout my hair as it looks naturally brown. It covers the grey very well...I just add a little lemon juice to the henna and the dye seems to take better. Thank you iherb! One very happy customer

Light Mountain, Color the Gray, Natural Hair Color

Posted by Reviewer1632997 on Apr 08, 2012

Light Mountain, Color the Gray, Natural Hair Color, is a product that I’ve used for many years - it’s a great method for coloring hair, but without harsh chemicals.

Natural & easy hair color without the risks of chemicals

Posted by Reviewer2128904 on Sep 12, 2009

I have been using Light Mountain Natural Henna (Cover the Grey) for 5 years now. I mix different colors to obtain the desired color. My grey hairs show up as highlights and I have received many compliments from passengers. I highly recommend this product.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »