• Please Click Here to see the color reference chart from Light Mountain Natural.

• Reviews | English

great product!

Posted by Reviewer2002217 on Mar 30, 2009

Love the process of putting warm herbal mud on my head, love the natural smell, and the resulting color! Beautiful brown with violet-red & gold undertones.

Color may take awhile to come out

Posted by Reviewer2230410 on Feb 19, 2009

I love how it makes my hair feel and look...healthy and shiny. The one thing I learned is that it may take much longer than they say in the directions for the actual burgundy color to come out - depending upon your hair texture. My hair is thick and doesn't color easily, so I have to leave it on for 2 hours. Worth it if you have the time.

Love Light Mountain Henna!

Posted by Reviewer2369661 on Dec 05, 2014

As always, Light Mountain Henna is a great product! It gives my hair wonderful, rich, natural-looking colors, and one of the best things about it is that it coats my extremely fine, limp hair and gives it incredibly body and shine! At the moment Burgundy is my favorite color because it gives my hair wonderful red tones without being too overpowering. My natural hair color is your average brown, and it now has streaks of grey coming in. The henna is of course messy, and a big pain to apply (like covering your head in mud), but it's totally worth it! NOTE: They both have reddish tones, but the Burgundy henna color is stronger than the Mahogany, which is a bit more subtle.

Henna hair dye

Posted by 4889586182152477437 on Jan 25, 2014

The smell gave me a migraine and I threw up and was sick all night.

Light Mountain Henna

Posted by Reviewer2228980 on Aug 26, 2008

I have been using Henna for almost 20 yrs, mostly bought from Paris but now that I have been in the US for long, had to try out a new one. Have only used it once. It is ok as it does not tell you exactly how long to keep the Henna on and hair does not look glossy as it has always done with other Hennas that I have used. I was a little perturbed that they advised not to use any metal when they say they have not used any chemicals! Only chemicals will react to metal, natural henna will not react to metal, so I am a bit confused if it is truly natural as thye say it is.

ummmm sorry!

Posted by Reviewer1927983 on May 08, 2009

guess i didnt do it right.. I LOVE light mountain henna.... as long as its only RED henna (forget name on ingredient list) but when it has that "lawsonia or "indigo" ingredient (BLACK "henna") it doesnt work for me... it turns grey, blue, green etc but the just reds are awesome!!!! after this dye mishap , (the burgundy turned greyish ASH brown , cuz luckily I rinsed it out as I saw it was bluish green).... I used the "bright red" with great results. so I will still always buy light mountain colors, red, bright red, light red.. etc

Love

Posted by 5414370411941794736 on May 05, 2016

Light Mountain is great quality henna that really works. Definitely recommend

My Go-To Product for Hairdye

Posted by 4901826508761763970 on Sep 07, 2016

Light Mountain has been my go-to brand on henna and other natural hairdyes for years now, and it has never failed to deliver for me. Easy to use once you've established your own routine for henna, and doesn't smell that bad to me as I add jojoba oil and other natural perfumes to the color to cover up the earthy smell henna naturally has.

Great Organic Burgundy Hair Color! SAFE for your Hair Too!

Posted by BeckySue on Mar 13, 2015

Appreciate that this item is USDA Organic and contains 100% pure botanical hair color. I like that this is ammonia and peroxide free. You get a complete application kit in this complete all natural hair color and conditioning program. This burgundy hair color contains only pure botanicals and nothing else!

Nice color but not really burgungy for me

Posted by Reviewer2720574 on Jun 07, 2010

I bought both this product and the Dark brown Light Mountain henna. Did strand tests with both, and the colors came out fairly similar (copper highlights, gray hair turned blond). Required the application of constant heat for the color to take (used heat pack over a plastic shower cap). Am quite satisfied though, and really happy to avoid the harsh chemicals of regular dyes.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »