• Please Click Here to see the color reference chart from Light Mountain Natural.

• Reviews | English

Great for light redheads

Posted by Reviewer2022140 on Jun 04, 2012

I echo all the positive reviews of this product I found here and elsewhere. I was nervous trying this product for the first time, and I did a lot of online research to see what risk I stood. What a pleasant surprise to see how natural my hair looked after using Light Mountain henna. I have strawberry blonde hair with light, porous ends (from chemically treating it). I'm more satisfied with this product than I've been after paying over $100 for a very expensive salon visit. I actually really like the homespun feel of this product: you can tweak it, leave it on longer, modify. The smell didn't put me off at all: an earthy fragrance that was actually quite subtle and that I'd take any day over salon/ammonium products. I love this company. You can actually call them if you have questions, and they're really sweet.

I'm a redhead again.... oops

Posted by Reviewer2972107 on Mar 15, 2008

My hair has become more blondish red over the years (redheads rarely go grey). I thought this would add a little red to the white hairs. Wow, I should have done the test first. My hair went to Red. I've used conditioner/Crystal Light on is several times to tone it down. It's ok now, but I will use less and not leave it on for a hour in the future.

Good / Хорошо

Posted by AmberCat on Aug 12, 2012

Прекрасная альтернатива химическим краскам. Хна свежая, прекрасно отдает цвет. Волосы после нее блестящие и живые. К сожалению, я ожидала более красного цвета, а ее цвет - стандартен для хны. Упаковки хватило на 2 использования на волосы длиной до лопаток. A wonderful alternative to chemical hair colors. Henna is a fresh, gives color well. Hair are brilliant and vivid after using. Unfortunately, I was expecting more red color, and its color - standard for henna. One pack is enough for the two using if your hair is shoulder-lenght.

Lovely Color!

Posted by Reviewer2237099 on Oct 25, 2011

I hennaed my hair for the first time using this product and am very pleased with the results! It turned my dirty blonde hair a mellow coppery color--i have been getting so many compliments on it! Make sure you have a long period of time set aside to henna though. It is a bit messy and time consuming, but totally worth it.

Thanks!

Posted by Reviewer2355246 on Mar 06, 2008

I got the Henna Hair Color quickly and for the cheapest amount I could find online. I absolutely love this product, and am very satisfied with the service I received

great product

Posted by Reviewer3105396 on Mar 18, 2009

I've used other hennas before, but Light Mountain is the best. It really brought out the color in my auburn hair. I love it!

Messy messy messy, but worth it.

Posted by justkickingit on Oct 18, 2012

My hair is naturally a medium ashy blonde; it sort of looks "greenish" under some lights. I went with the Light Red color since I didn't want it to go too bright, since my hair is pretty light already. My strand-test looked quite bright orangey, but it was hard to tell how it would look on me as holding it up to my forehead wasn't very effective. After a couple days the stand test faded to a more natural light coppery color. Since I have short hair & there is a lot of powder in the package, I only used half of it. I mixed up my henna, added some lemon juice & let it sit for four hours to thicken up. I poured it into one of those honey "bear" squeeze bottles & applied it like I would normal hairdye. Well, this definitely isn't normal hairdye! I've heard henna was messy, but this was messy even for me. While I was putting it through my hair, chunks of sand/mud were dropping everywhere, but luckily this color didn't seem to stain my sink/floor like how regular dye does. After it was on, I covered it with the plastic wrap & clipped it in place. Before I could even leave the bathroom, henna-water was dripping from my forehead, by my ears, down my neck.. I ended up having to wrap a dark towel around my neck like a scarf and stick wads of paper towel under the plastic wrap at the places that tended to drip the most. I'm not sure if this is because my hair was too damp before I applied the henna, or if this is how this product is normally; next time I'll have to experiment with slightly-drier-hair & maybe an egg or something. I left it on for 3 hours (all I could stand!) before I rinsed it out, first with water then with a couple good handfuls of Suave coconut conditioner. It took about 3 full rinses to wash out using this technique, but I do have short hair. It rinsed clean & didn't stain my towel OR pillow case, which was a nice surprise. Immediately after rinsing, my hair was SUPER orange. It actually looked good, but I've dyed my hair bright colors

Natural Tint

Posted by Reviewer1046500 on Jun 08, 2009

The light red gave me a natural looking color w/out the damage of coloring.

Great product, will definitely use again

Posted by SpecsZ on Oct 02, 2014

I love coloring my hair but want to move away from the chemical based boxed hair color. After much research I decided to take the plunge with Light Mountain. All in all I am delighted with this product. It was worth the effort and time, and the color is excellent. (My original color was a brownish red and the Light Red brought out more copper tones.) The one thing I will do differently next time is make sure the mud paste is smooth. I left it quite "chunky" and there was quite a bit of grit to rinse out of my hair. But the reviews about how soft your hair is post-Light Mountain treatment is correct! I will definitely use Light Mountain again.

Light Mountain Natural

Posted by Reviewer1184080 on Aug 09, 2008

This was my first henna experience. I wanted to do it the elaborate way, with just the powdered herb, and this is just what I had expected. I have long, thick hair, so I needed to use two packets, though it says 4 oz. is enough for most people. The directions on the box say to shampoo first and then only rinse after, but I would recommend doing the opposite.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »