• Please Click Here to see the color reference chart from Light Mountain Natural.

• Customer Ratings

Beauty without Michael Douglas

Posted by Reviewer2518107 on Oct 03, 2012

If you want a gorgeous hair color and texture like Catherine Zeta-Jones without a $1000 an hour stylist or a marriage to Michael Douglas, then get this product. It will turn your hair baby-soft and give it incredible shine and texture. Of course, using henna is a little like putting horse-poo on your head, but it's only for an hour. After rinsing, enjoy lustrous, shiny locks for about 5 weeks and no Michael Douglas. Or maybe you like Michael Douglas. No judgement.

colors gray

Posted by Reviewer3196647 on Dec 01, 2010

I have fine dark brown hair with streaks of gray. I mixed the henna with brewed coffee instead of water and added 3Tablespoons of cider vinegar and one teaspoon cinnamon. I let it sit for 24 hrs, then applied it and kept my head warm for two hours, rinsed but did not wash my hair until the next day. Great coppery brown with lots of highlights. All the gray is copper now!

nice color

Posted by Reviewer1704795 on May 26, 2009

After using this henna..I have had LOTS of compliments (some from strangers)on my beautiful hair color. Those who know me know I dyed my hair ( I used to be dyed blonde), but strangers all think I was born with this beautiful "mahogany" hair! Do be aware that using henna for the first time or two, your hair undergoes the oxidation process so I did look kinda like bozo the clown on the second day. But after using this color for 3 times now over the last 6 months my hair doesn't go through the bozo stage anymore. The extra work of using henna is definately worth it to me.

DISAPPOINTED, DISGUSTED, DON'T RECOMMEND

Posted by 4628880436498510509 on Aug 09, 2013

I would NOT RECOMMEND this product to ANYONE! It made my hair smell like spinach for a month! It stinks so bad when applying it, its a green powder and looks like moss on your hair! It also turned my hair BLACK instead of Mahogany. It took about a week to completely rinse it all out, it was just not worth even a penny. I thought maybe a natural hair coloring kit would be better on my hair than the chemical ones, but this stuff is worthless, all it does is make your hair stink. I'm VERY disappointed in this product!!!!!!!!!!

Never wrote a review for iHerb before, but...

Posted by Reviewer2287099 on Jul 29, 2012

...I feel so compelled to do so after using this product! I have never dyed my hair before, nor am I particularly girly girly, so suffice it to say I was pretty sure I'd end up with green hair! Yes, this is definitely messy and a little time consuming, but that's the inherent quality of henna -- not this brand's fault! And I did get the mixture everywhere, my skin, my counter, my sink, my floor, etc. but it all wipes up cleanly if you don't let it sit for too long (get it off within 10 minutes and you're fine). My hair color came out great! I've always had light brown hair with a lot of unsightly brass, and this took all the brass out. I expected it to be reddish brown, but it's not at all red, so maybe use the recommended additives if that's what you're looking for. Even still, I love this color. So, recap: messy, but easy clean-up, easy instructions, and beginner friendly. Comes with a plastic headcover (you will probably want to use a conditioning cap, too) and gloves. Great little kit, a great value for the price. If you are looking to try henna for the first time, definitely go for this brand!

Great!

Posted by Reviewer1631214 on Jul 01, 2009

This is the purest henna product I could find, short of buying in bulk from an herb store. Wonderful, consistent results.

Love it

Posted by Reviewer2027909 on Jul 09, 2010

I will admit that it does take time to apply this hair color to your hair but, I love the results. So glad I have finally found an all natural hair color!

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2528151 on Mar 29, 2008

Great henna and even better price! I only use henna on my hair to color and highlight and this has been the best product by far!

Love Light Mountain Henna!

Posted by Reviewer2369661 on Dec 05, 2014

As always, Light Mountain Henna is a great product! It gives my hair wonderful, rich, natural-looking colors, and one of the best things about it is that it coats my extremely fine, limp hair and gives it incredibly body and shine! The Mahogany color gives my hair reddish tones without being too overpowering. My natural hair color is your average brown, and it now has streaks of grey coming in. The henna is of course messy, and a big pain to apply (like covering your head in mud), but it's totally worth it! Note: Thy both have reddish tones, but the Mahogany henna color is a bit more subtle than the Burgundy, which is richer and the red is more intense.

henna

Posted by Reviewer2373134 on Oct 14, 2008

adds a nice red tint to hair and leaves it looking good

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »