Amazing black rice.

Posted by Leione on Apr 24, 2014

So delicious and nutritious. In addition to being gluten free and suitable for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance, this ancient Chinese rice is rich in protein, dietary fiber, niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin B6, thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), folic acid (vitamin B9), manganese, selenium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, iron, calcium, potas sium, phytosterols, antioxidants and flavonoids (including the very rare anthocyanins responsible for its dark color), and is beneficial for people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and even cancer: it helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevents blood spikes keeping you full longer, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, increases appetite, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, helps maintain healthy bones and teeth, and even reduces the risk of cancer. I love this rice: not only is it delicious and great in different recipes, but also it helps normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure and relieves the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis. Wonderful product. Highly recommended.

Forbidden Rice

Posted by Reviewer2700553 on Nov 17, 2011

This is my favorite rice. I was unable to get it at my local health food store anymore. I'm so glad to find that iherb carries it!

Nutty and delicious

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on Feb 13, 2012

This is an interesting rice -- takes a little longer to cook up but has a nutty flavor, somewhat like wild rice, but with a very short grain. Very good when you'd like to eat something different from the usual white rice.

So tasty!

Posted by MentaPiperita on Mar 05, 2014

I really love this rice, it's so tasty you could eat it plain. I stir-fried it with mushrooms, soy sauce and sesame oil and it was delicious! All my family loved it and I have already ordered more. Absolutely recommended!

Great

Posted by Babycakes on May 22, 2016

Straight out of the package it looks pitch black which is not very pleasant to the eye but once cooked it becomes beautiful redish-purplish brown. Smell and taste reminds me of beetroot a little bit and is slightly bitter so I mix it 50/50 with usual brown rice. I wouldn't buy it again though as it's not organic and I somehow overlooked it upon purchase.

i love it

Posted by 4891517056251889583 on Jun 05, 2014

i cooked it till it became soft . all my family liked it. we eat it with meat so as with syrup or dried fruits

The best rice

Posted by 5085835513323662538 on Jul 16, 2014

Black rice is both the best tasting and healthiest rice

Nutrient dense rice

Posted by 5363659553162729941 on May 09, 2014

Absolutely tasty, with a nutty feel. Don't get put off by the black colour, rice turns an amazing purple colour when cooked. It is an amazing grain for those who wants a low glycemic index diet

Delectably Delicious & Super Healthy

Posted by Reviewer3092624 on Feb 24, 2014

Yum and yum. Full of anti-oxidents too. Crikey!