Lotus Foods, Organic Jade Pearl Rice, 15 oz (426 g)

i'm addicted!

Posted by Reviewer2415807 on Jun 27, 2012

At first I thought the taste was a little strange, and probably most people would agree. There is a very mild bitterness, not unlike green tea that offsets the sweetness of the rice. That is ultimately why I love this stuff now and why I made it my staple rice. The complexity makes meals a bit more sophisticated and interesting. The texture is soft and a little sticky which is another reason I love it so much. Take a little care when cooking, it goes from done to overcooked very quickly due to its delicate nature.

Mmmm Sticky Rice Stew

Posted by Reviewer3049214 on Jan 18, 2012

This is another Lotus Foods rice that I love. It is a tasty sticky rice that I use in stews. I haven't used it in veggie burgers yet, but I will, along with Black Forbidden Rice, its higher protein sister. It cooks quickly enough aand has a great story too tell, what with it being infused with bamboo. Try some soon!

I love it

Posted by Reviewer3192700 on Mar 29, 2012

I love it.

Tasty

Posted by Reviewer2463340 on Jan 06, 2013

Delicious, but small. Wish there were more product for the price. I used the whole bag within two days to make a few rolls of sushi and side dishes of rice.