• Customer Ratings

Tastiest and the loveliest crunchiness-chewiness

Posted by Reviewer3000993 on Aug 24, 2014

The best tasting short grain brown rice ... and the only one I cook with these days. For those who complain about length of cooking required ... the solution is pre-soaking the grains! After rinsing, drained, measure out the required amount of water (I use 1:1 ratio, that is, 1 cup water for one cup rice, as I like my rice very crunchy rather than mushy - but NOTE that this is AFTER rinsing and draining), and let it soak for 45 minutes to an hour, then cook as you would for white rice ... I use a regular inexpensive electric rice-cooker (no need for those fancy supa-dupa rice-cookers with multi-settings). For how to cook rice without a rice cooker (that is, in a pot on a stovetop) ... goggle and you will find lots of tips. Basically, it is high heat till the water boils, then lower heat to barely simmering for 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the pot sit for another 15 to 30 minutes STILL COVERED. For a super awesome taste, add lentils ... I use a mix of green, red, and black. This short grain brown rice also makes the best fried rice!!

Awesome

Posted by Reviewer2827034 on Aug 20, 2014

It is especially difficult to find gluten free rice in Singapore. Thank goodness for iherbs and the rice taste great!

Perfect brown sushi rice!

Posted by RodericRinehart on Apr 21, 2009

After trying many different sushi rices from a number of different companies, this one emerged at the top, BY A LOT. Just a beautiful short grain rice, perfect for sushi. Lundberg is by far the best rice producer I have ever found, their white and brown sushi rice is amazing, and their brown and wild mixes are the most delicious rices there are. iHerb.com offered an easy order and re-order process, with safe and quick shipping.

Review

Posted by Reviewer1264167 on Oct 24, 2008

This product hard to find in local stores. I was thrilled to find it a reasonable price with such promt delivery. I will use iherb for products. Linda Sturdivant

Carbohydrate

Posted by archeiherb on Dec 25, 2015

I don't eat rice even the so-called healthy brown rice.Just buy this product for my parents.

Delish!

Posted by Reviewer2097529 on Apr 17, 2009

Excellent rice, great texture.

First time buy

Posted by Reviewer1281263 on Aug 21, 2014

really beautiful rice

Healthy and Delicious!

Posted by 5690461920390846343 on Dec 11, 2015

Love the sticky rice texture of this product. Just like our favorite Thai restaurant. Can't find it in any stores where we live so was great to be able to order on your website. Quick shipping too! We only eat brown rice, so this product is already a favorite. Nutty, full of fiber, and delicious!

Great

Posted by Reviewer1442423 on Jun 22, 2009

I'm on a strict gluten free diet. I can't eat any gluten or else I would break out with acne. This gluten free rice is amazing. They have the same taste as "regular" rice and they DON'T make me break out at all. Just simply amazing.

a rice aday

Posted by Reviewer3256391 on Dec 07, 2009

I always keep some of this on hand. I love the short grain texture. I reduce the water by 1/4 in the cooking and that makes it a bit chewy. Wonderful taste.