• Customer Ratings

Best brown rice

Posted by prudencettwong on Sep 30, 2015

Tried various brands both locally and from iherb. Love this brand the most!

nice

Posted by 5154170390377322146 on Dec 19, 2014

always tasty and seems like low arsenic too..

Tastiest and the loveliest crunchiness-chewiness

Posted by Reviewer3000993 on Aug 24, 2014

The best tasting short grain brown rice ... and the only one I cook with these days. For those who complain about length of cooking required ... the solution is pre-soaking the grains! After rinsing, drained, measure out the required amount of water (I use 1:1 ratio, that is, 1 cup water for one cup rice, as I like my rice very crunchy rather than mushy - but NOTE that this is AFTER rinsing and draining), and let it soak for 45 minutes to an hour, then cook as you would for white rice ... I use a regular inexpensive electric rice-cooker (no need for those fancy supa-dupa rice-cookers with multi-settings). For how to cook rice without a rice cooker (that is, in a pot on a stovetop) ... goggle and you will find lots of tips. Basically, it is high heat till the water boils, then lower heat to barely simmering for 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the pot sit for another 15 to 30 minutes STILL COVERED. For a super awesome taste, add lentils ... I use a mix of green, red, and black. This short grain brown rice also makes the best fried rice!!

Love the rice

Posted by jeplace on Jul 22, 2014

I love Lundberg's organic (and regular) brown short grain rice. I have eaten it for years. I prefer short grain riceover long grain.

Great rice, cooks well in rice cooker

Posted by 4978545617610769518 on Nov 05, 2013

Very yummy rice, cooks well in rice cooker and mixes well with other rices. I mix with wild rice and quinoa

Best Ever

Posted by Reviewer1828862 on Jun 22, 2013

We mix two pounds Lundberg organic short grain brown rice with one pound of Lundberg wild blend rice and cook with chicken broth (instead of water) This makes the best tasting rice you have ever eaten.

Good rice

Posted by Reviewer2671500 on Feb 16, 2013

Use it in poridge, like ordinary dinner rice .

Yummy

Posted by Reviewer1600024 on Jan 20, 2013

Great brown rice. I actually prefer the Golden Rose brown rice, but for some reason I am unable to find it anywhere. This is a good substitute.

New to short grain brown rice - really like it

Posted by Reviewer2940852 on Jan 20, 2013

I've used organic long grain brown rice and basmati brown for years. Just tried the organic short grain brown rice and really enjoyed this better than the long grain. I like the texture better and the flavor is smoother to me. Cooks the same as the other two and doesn't smell as aromatic, but the taste is just better - more like a comfort food than the other two. The bag suggests the short grain is good when you need a stickier rice, but I'm using it just like I have the long grain. I'm happy to have found something new by default.

Good quality

Posted by Reviewer1333587 on Dec 23, 2012

Short grain cooks up a bit stickier than other rices, so if you like sticky rice this one has the added nutrition of whole grain and its organic.