• Reviews | English

Great!

Posted by holahola on Apr 04, 2011

Will buy again.

New to short grain brown rice - really like it

Posted by Reviewer2940852 on Jan 20, 2013

I've used organic long grain brown rice and basmati brown for years. Just tried the organic short grain brown rice and really enjoyed this better than the long grain. I like the texture better and the flavor is smoother to me. Cooks the same as the other two and doesn't smell as aromatic, but the taste is just better - more like a comfort food than the other two. The bag suggests the short grain is good when you need a stickier rice, but I'm using it just like I have the long grain. I'm happy to have found something new by default.

Tastiest and the loveliest crunchiness-chewiness

Posted by Reviewer3000993 on Aug 24, 2014

The best tasting short grain brown rice ... and the only one I cook with these days. For those who complain about length of cooking required ... the solution is pre-soaking the grains! After rinsing, drained, measure out the required amount of water (I use 1:1 ratio, that is, 1 cup water for one cup rice, as I like my rice very crunchy rather than mushy - but NOTE that this is AFTER rinsing and draining), and let it soak for 45 minutes to an hour, then cook as you would for white rice ... I use a regular inexpensive electric rice-cooker (no need for those fancy supa-dupa rice-cookers with multi-settings). For how to cook rice without a rice cooker (that is, in a pot on a stovetop) ... goggle and you will find lots of tips. Basically, it is high heat till the water boils, then lower heat to barely simmering for 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the pot sit for another 15 to 30 minutes STILL COVERED. For a super awesome taste, add lentils ... I use a mix of green, red, and black. This short grain brown rice also makes the best fried rice!!

Rice is not new crop

Posted by Reviewer2402962 on Mar 31, 2009

The rice I got has an expiration date that is 6 months away from the date I purchased. I would never buy rice that has been sitting in the shelf for that long I had seen its expiration date. I know rice usually has a good shelf life. I only like new crop. If there is no way to specify this, I don't think I would buy it from this website again. I was very happy to find out your website, was planning on getting all my grains from you, but the "old" rice experience ruined everything. The taste is totally different, new crop vs. 'old' crop.

cannot go wrong

Posted by 101010011 on Jul 06, 2011

one of the better brown rices, and i do not usually care for brown rice. easy to sprout too

Lundberg, Organic Short Grain Brown Rice,

Posted by Reviewer2966147 on Feb 21, 2012

For the past couple of decades, Lundberg has been my first choice when it comes to Organic Brown Rice. Finding it at at such a competitive price, and having the order processed and delivered in such a punctual manner has made me an Iherb customer for many years to come!

Delicious

Posted by Reviewer2967892 on Sep 14, 2009

Thanks to your expeditious shipping and delivery process the rice arrived on time for my sister's birthday and it was delicious.

I love it !

Posted by Reviewer3121826 on Sep 08, 2009

I was looking for brown rice instead of sticky white rice(like japanese rice)what I like,this brown rice is great!

Lundberg organic brown rice

Posted by Reviewer3192109 on Nov 08, 2011

Love this rice! It has a great flavor and the rice has a wonderful firm texture after it is cooked. I have tried other brands and nothing compares.

Wysoka jakość

Posted by 4622410302364102956 on Aug 01, 2016

Wysokiej jakości organiczny ryż - pyszny i zdrowy a do tego ma bardzo wygodne opakowanie zamykane na rzep.