Not for the faint-hearted

Posted by Reviewer1876239 on Jan 16, 2013

This interested healthy beverage seems to be largely colored by its beet-based sweetener, giving it a reddish brown color. It does not take like cocoa, but it is not an unpleasant taste. I received this as a free sample. I prefer raw cocoa powder.

not for me

Posted by chlorure on Jan 13, 2013

it's too strong for me but really interesting for discovert

Cacao demasiado amargo

Posted by 5604629446845273230 on Jan 08, 2013

No me ha convencido, demasiado amargo a pesar de que le echara varias cucharaditas de azúcar, una pena porque oler, olía genial

Substantial taste

Posted by 5665157265370812860 on Jan 03, 2013

Too heavy/ substantial for my taste

weird

Posted by Reviewer3189918 on Jan 02, 2013

it was a special taste that I can't decide if I liked or not. it dissolved nicely in the water. I don't think I'm going to buy it another time.

Non sweet

Posted by 4759936963730000431 on Dec 19, 2012

It is non-sweet. when you purchase this product, you should consider it

Just okay

Posted by Reviewer1630143 on Dec 18, 2012

I liked the chocolate flavour, but it was kind of weak for me. I even sweetened it with a little bit of liquid stevia, yet it was still kind of bland and weak for me.

Not my cup of tea

Posted by 5126085472961745463 on Nov 06, 2012

Is not my cup of tea.

not bad but not great either

Posted by 4776219679335574016 on Aug 31, 2012

OK but It doesnt feel like there's any benefit to buying this over raw cocao powder. Tastes exactly the same.

Thanks iHerb for offering samples with orders!

Posted by Reviewer1618066 on Aug 19, 2012

First I want to say I really appreciate iHerb's philosophy of over delivering on their value as a source of healthy goods. Whether or not you request a specific 'freebie' trial product with your order, they'll slip something in the box for you to try. This time I opted to try madre labs cococardio as I had ordered their cococeps (now discontinued) in the past and initially had found it appealing enough to drink keeping in mind the health benefits. Let me state that I am a chocolate lover/ dark chocolate lover and I also just started working on acquiring a palate for Mate tea - no, it doesn't taste just like chicken (coffee) but it's not bad. In the case of the CocoCardio, I added the packet to 8 oz of hot water, then some heavy cream and a little xylitol to sweeten it up - bascally how I would do coffee. The color has a bit of a red hue to it - likely from the beets. the chocolate flavor that I taste is that of the equivalent of licking straight cocoa powder - they DO warn its naturally bitter! All said, I don't think I will buy this in the future as I just don't find it tasty enough for me. It's nowhere near as hard to get down as kava kava was when I used to take that before performing to curb anxiety years ago, but the kava kava had a noticeable effect shortly after drinking it.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »