weird

Posted by Reviewer3189918 on Jan 02, 2013

it was a special taste that I can't decide if I liked or not. it dissolved nicely in the water. I don't think I'm going to buy it another time.

Substantial taste

Posted by 5665157265370812860 on Jan 03, 2013

Too heavy/ substantial for my taste

Not my cup of tea

Posted by 5126085472961745463 on Nov 06, 2012

Is not my cup of tea.

Smells better than it tastes.

Posted by Reviewer1420562 on May 13, 2012

Smelled chocolate-y and nice, but didn't taste like much.

Bitter

Posted by Msis91 on Feb 23, 2012

Bitter taste...

Too Bitter for me!

Posted by Reviewer2031919 on Feb 28, 2012

I know it is supposed to be healthy but the taste is hard to get used to!

It's good~

Posted by Reviewer1837281 on Feb 09, 2012

It's good~

not bad but not great either

Posted by 4776219679335574016 on Aug 31, 2012

OK but It doesnt feel like there's any benefit to buying this over raw cocao powder. Tastes exactly the same.

Thanks iHerb for offering samples with orders!

Posted by Reviewer1618066 on Aug 19, 2012

First I want to say I really appreciate iHerb's philosophy of over delivering on their value as a source of healthy goods. Whether or not you request a specific 'freebie' trial product with your order, they'll slip something in the box for you to try. This time I opted to try madre labs cococardio as I had ordered their cococeps (now discontinued) in the past and initially had found it appealing enough to drink keeping in mind the health benefits. Let me state that I am a chocolate lover/ dark chocolate lover and I also just started working on acquiring a palate for Mate tea - no, it doesn't taste just like chicken (coffee) but it's not bad. In the case of the CocoCardio, I added the packet to 8 oz of hot water, then some heavy cream and a little xylitol to sweeten it up - bascally how I would do coffee. The color has a bit of a red hue to it - likely from the beets. the chocolate flavor that I taste is that of the equivalent of licking straight cocoa powder - they DO warn its naturally bitter! All said, I don't think I will buy this in the future as I just don't find it tasty enough for me. It's nowhere near as hard to get down as kava kava was when I used to take that before performing to curb anxiety years ago, but the kava kava had a noticeable effect shortly after drinking it.

So disgusting!

Posted by amylynphoto on Sep 05, 2012

I really thought this product seemed interesting, and I love hot chocolate, but once I tasted the first sip I had to throw out the rest. I didn't even matter that it might be healthy for me. I could not finish it!