• Note: This product contains a MFG DATE (Date of Manufacture). This product has a 3 year shelf life from the MFG DATE (Date of Manufacture). Read More

• Customer Ratings

Didn't like the bitter taste if just drink with water. Recommend adding natural sweetener / honey or into vanilla shakes to make it more drinkable

Posted by 5054240808452986073 on Oct 16, 2014

Doesn't taste good

Posted by MissExopotamie on Aug 05, 2013

I only tried with water. I will try with plant milk but the mix of cocoa with the sour-tasting beet juice is hard to appriciate.

Din pacate nu mi-a placut gustul.

Posted by 5615493599781333618 on Sep 03, 2013

L-am dat unei amice si a fost incantata .Mie si mamei mele nu ne-a placut gustul.

Not recommended

Posted by 5115913357923393411 on Aug 24, 2014

It doesn't taste very good- a strange, sour sweet, and it's not even particularly healthy, being high in sugars. Not worth it.

SO GOOD!

Posted by 4976612834303260205 on Oct 05, 2012

OMG, I love this stuff! Barely needs sweetener, for me, as I am really into cacao. Taste is better than the mushroom version, to be sure, likely because of the beet and hibiscus. This one's so good, though, that I think I can mix it with the cordyceps one and make up for the taste of the other! SO GOOD, don't hesitate!!! Unless you want to drink at night ... might keep some people up. Mmmmn, from a cacao connoisseur.

My favorite nightcap!

Posted by x-tine on Jan 09, 2011

This product rocks! Easily dissolves and it's unsweetened so you can sweeten to your liking, with your sweetener of choice. Has beetroot powder which is great for heart health and exercise endurance. Excellent when mixed with hot almond milk and Now Foods French Vanilla liquid stevia extract. I have it every night before bed! Yum!

Yummy!

Posted by healthifulbalance on Nov 02, 2011

I love this! It tastes just like normal cocoa powder and I didnt notice an aftertaste or anything like that. On the back of the package it says to sweeten it if you dont like anything bitter-tasting but I chose not to sweeten it and it still tasted great! I love this especially now that its getting colder out! The nutrition stats are amazing as well! I totally recommend this! :)

good stuff, but . . .

Posted by Reviewer2059028 on Feb 14, 2011

The package is impossible to pour the stuff out of . . . messy as all get out. Even pouring it into another container it is messy. Tastes good, but very bitter. Even Manuka Honey won't help much. Great product if you don't expect it to taste like say Swiss Miss. It is very bitter and if you take a lot if will make you jittery.

madre labs cococardio

Posted by Reviewer1543150 on Mar 04, 2011

Excellent. Natural dark chocolate without all the calories plus hibiscus and beet juice to boot. Good combination. Tasty when you add cinnamon. Downside: expensive.

Better Than I Expected

Posted by Reviewer1604997 on Dec 24, 2010

I use a number of Madre products (no, I don't work for them, I'm just a satisfied customer), and decided to give this a try, as I like the CafeCeps and CocoCeps. The bulk bag has a ziploc closure, making it very convenient and less expensive than purchasing the individually packaged servings (although the individual packets are handy for travel, just a bit more expensive). This is a tasty way to get your mushrooms in, and I was happy to have a way to get beet juice in, as this was recommended by my acupuncturist. I sometimes add a scoop to a cup of coffee for variety.