Arsenic Contamination

Posted by Reviewer1400839 on Jan 31, 2014

This product was found to contain high levels of Arsenic - around 80 ppm (not ppb)

attention heavy metals

Posted by Reviewer2639716 on Oct 31, 2014

this product contains arsenic and other heavy metals that is why i stopped consuming it .

Good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1327608 on Jan 03, 2012

I sprinkle this on my soups and salads for extra iodine. I barely notice the taste but I sure feel the difference. I have much greater energy during the day and sleep better at night. Great price, too. This is a keeper.

Great salt alternative

Posted by Reviewer2710430 on Feb 11, 2012

I love kelp. I find it a great salt alternative which provides me with plenty of iodine as well.

Natural source of Iodine & tastes good

Posted by anomisyu on Sep 01, 2012

The only drawback for me is the fact that the container opening is too big, which leads to frequent spills of large quantities of the kelp...

Excellent source of Iodine

Posted by Maebird on Jan 31, 2012

This is a great way to incorporate iodine safely into the daily diet. Flavor is somewhat fishy, so it's not for everything, but then again a pinch is all you need for iodine intake and if needed, the flavor could be undetectable in small amounts.

never again not sure what it did!

Posted by Reviewer2977915 on Jan 09, 2013

used for 2 days and woke up with sore throat and raspy voice which I read could be from this effecting my thyroid....(was NOT sick)plus I was told kelp isn't the best option for iodine...

Tasty

Posted by Reviewer2906832 on Dec 04, 2011

These add zest to any cooked vegetables or soup. Good for u too.

i approve

Posted by 5013526863525917313 on Oct 20, 2013

In the past I had high blood pressure concerns from excess salt intake issues...I got it under control quickly going vegetarian, vegan, and then mostly whole plant based foods. I don't feel bad eating sea salt or pink himalayan rock salt. And I don't like salty food. But I wanted to try this because the other two don't have iodine, an essential mineral, and I don't eat animal products (which contain it). I like this! I use a few sprinkles as I would salt. It doesn't taste exactly like salt but it is pleasant. I've tried it with a lot of Asian dishes. Gonna keep going!

I think I like it.

Posted by 4622540308856292258 on Jan 07, 2014

The kelp flavor and iodine claims are what grabbed my attention. If you're looking for a salt replacement, keep looking -- the subtle ocean flavor here is a far cry from table salt. But it does add an interesting dimension to fish, soups, pizza and vegetables. You can put it on just about anything because, frankly, the flavor isn't very bold. Kelp seasoned ice cream? Why not. As for iodine, who knows the real story. But since I've given up iodized salt, adding this to my diet seems like a smart move.