July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

ManukaMed, MANUKALozenges, Pure Active Manuka Honey, 8 Lozenges, 0.6 oz (16 g) (Discontinued Item)

Soothing, great taste, a bit addictive

Posted by PurplePegasus on Apr 27, 2012

I bought these because I have the flu. I am not sure they are fit for that purpose. I no longer had the searing sore throat by the time I received them. They are soothing so I imagine they would have helped. The other reviewer talks about anti-bacterial. The flu is a virus. Hmm. They are not helping my severe coughing but I guess they're not meant to. These are quite pricey compared to the other brands but this one is the only brand offering 100% pure Manuka honey, no sugar or flavorings added. It is neither organic nor raw to warrant such a hefty price for only 8 lozenges! They come in attractive slim packaging, inside blisters. Even though I keep my place air-conditioned at all times, the last one was literally stuck to the plastic. Another went flying across the room as I tried to pop it out. The taste starts a bit off-putting, sort of bitter and quickly switches to a delicious fragrant sweetness which is in reverse of most things I've ever tasted. I find this incongruency intoxicating, and it makes the lozenges quite addictive. However I've never had 2 in a row as prescribed on the box. A box would not last 1 day and they're way too expensive for that. I would give 5 stars if I knew exactly what they're good for, or if the price were more affordable. The taste definitely deserves the 5 stars. Even though I'm a bit in the dark here, I hope I covered enough of my experience to help you decide if you want to try them.