Iron without the agony

Posted by Reviewer1775098 on Jun 28, 2009

After being diagnosed borderline-anemic, I tried taking the iron supplement the doctor recommended. My body totally rejected it. It was awful. A co-worker told me about this product, which she took when she was pregnant. I tried it. It worked. Two tablets a day until my levels were back to normal, now I take one a day. My doctor knew the test results, and was willing to write me a letter, so I can now get reimbursed for this through my pre-tax medical spending account.

Anemia Cause by Heavy Periods a Thing of the PAST!!!

Posted by 5630121873117602769 on Nov 29, 2014

I will attempt to make this a short review and get straight to the point. I've battled with anemia since the age of 16 and now I'm 30. I've tried iron pills (and liquid) both prescribed and over the counter to no avail. I've also tried Floradix off and on with no real measurable results. Fast forward to now!!! Check the before and after: 9/15/2014--CBC White Blood Count---4.9 Red Blood Count-----3.55L Hemoglobin----------8.0L Hematocrit----------26.0L MCV-----------------73.2L MCH-----------------22.4L MCHC----------------30.7L RDW-----------------16.7H 11/29/2014---CBC White Blood Count---4.9 Red Blood Count-----4.26 Hemoglobin----------11.2L (went up 3 points!!!!) Hematocrit----------34.8L (went up 8 points!!!!) MCV-----------------81.8 MCH-----------------26.4L MCHC----------------32.3 RDW-----------------24.3H My doctor wanted to prescribe me some glorified multivitamin that contained iron to boost my blood. But at $50 for a one month prescription, I decided to continue on the more natural route. I received the MegaFood Blood Builder Tablets from Iherb.com on 10/09/2014 and started taking them immediately. I take 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM. I also take 1--1,000mg vitamin c tablet with each dosage of the Blood Builder to allow the iron to better absorb. I am a vegetarian who does eat dairy on occasion. I make sure not to consume any dairy before or after 2hrs since calcium blocks absorption. I also do not consume tea during that time either. I am so thrilled with this product and the amazing impact it has had on my life in such a short time. If you have anemia please consider ordering this product.

A Life Saver

Posted by Reviewer1245459 on Feb 20, 2009

With my history of anemia and a difficult time getting my body to actually ABSORB iron, this combination has changed my life, seriously. I finally found something that has given me back my energy!!

BEST IRON SUPPLEMENT!

Posted by 5081564651949279485 on Sep 18, 2012

I have been taking this brand for a few months now and this was a re-order. They have dramatically improved my energy levels, and I just feel I have more "stamina" overall. I have been anemic for some time and I love how easy these are on the stomach and there is no bad taste to them! Highly recommend!

Doesn't make me nauseous

Posted by Reviewer2135615 on Mar 22, 2010

Since my iron level is low (not anemic), my doctor advised iron supplements. But they make me nauseous, except for this brand. I suppose it's because it's food based, but I can take it at any time of day with no problem.

When I'm at home, I eat ice like a chain smoker smokes....

Posted by Reviewer1661051 on Sep 16, 2010

When I'm at home, I eat ice like a chain smoker smokes.... up until about a week ago!! 1 week after starting the daily Blood Builder supplement, my ice cravings our gone! Even when I'm in the freezer for actual food, seeing the ice has no effect on me (you ice addicts know what I'm talking about). Not too sure about my energy levels, because it has only been 2 weeks. But I KNOW that something's working! Oh, and these pills havent made me feel sick or anything, like the dozens of iron pills I've tried in the past. Thanks!

Energy!

Posted by Reviewer2653254 on Oct 28, 2011

I'm surprised because I've taken vitamins for many years and never felt a real energy boost, even from dessicated liver. This stuff is different--it puts the go in your get-up.

Good Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1282693 on Jul 25, 2013

This product actually works! I have tried the gamut of iron products and none of them raised my iron level even one point. This raised my iron level over 30 points in just two months.

Perfect iron supplement

Posted by Reviewer2925538 on Feb 23, 2014

After giving birth I was terribly anemic. To the point that I was experiencing pica! It was terrible. Within two weeks I was completely better and iron levels were up to normal. It's strong yet so gentle on the stomach. I can take in on an empty stomach without issue. This tab absorbs well and remains one of the few supplements/herbs I take regularly and always have on hand.

cured my Restless Leg Symptoms

Posted by Reviewer2390841 on Jun 12, 2014

I used to be on iron tablets that were not food based, to help with my RLS - Restless Legs. Sometimes they worked and sometimes not. But this product changed everything I no longer have RLS, and have had it for almost 40 years. Such a huge relief, for everyone who has it can understand. Thank you, MegaFood!

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »