MegaFood, Blood Builder, 90 Tablets

BEST IRON SUPPLEMENT!

Posted by 5081564651949279485 on Sep 18, 2012

I have been taking this brand for a few months now and this was a re-order. They have dramatically improved my energy levels, and I just feel I have more "stamina" overall. I have been anemic for some time and I love how easy these are on the stomach and there is no bad taste to them! Highly recommend!

Anemia Cause by Heavy Periods a Thing of the PAST!!!

Posted by 5630121873117602769 on Nov 29, 2014

I will attempt to make this a short review and get straight to the point. I've battled with anemia since the age of 16 and now I'm 30. I've tried iron pills (and liquid) both prescribed and over the counter to no avail. I've also tried Floradix off and on with no real measurable results. Fast forward to now!!! Check the before and after: 9/15/2014--CBC White Blood Count---4.9 Red Blood Count-----3.55L Hemoglobin----------8.0L Hematocrit----------26.0L MCV-----------------73.2L MCH-----------------22.4L MCHC----------------30.7L RDW-----------------16.7H 11/29/2014---CBC White Blood Count---4.9 Red Blood Count-----4.26 Hemoglobin----------11.2L (went up 3 points!!!!) Hematocrit----------34.8L (went up 8 points!!!!) MCV-----------------81.8 MCH-----------------26.4L MCHC----------------32.3 RDW-----------------24.3H My doctor wanted to prescribe me some glorified multivitamin that contained iron to boost my blood. But at $50 for a one month prescription, I decided to continue on the more natural route. I received the MegaFood Blood Builder Tablets from Iherb.com on 10/09/2014 and started taking them immediately. I take 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM. I also take 1--1,000mg vitamin c tablet with each dosage of the Blood Builder to allow the iron to better absorb. I am a vegetarian who does eat dairy on occasion. I make sure not to consume any dairy before or after 2hrs since calcium blocks absorption. I also do not consume tea during that time either. I am so thrilled with this product and the amazing impact it has had on my life in such a short time. If you have anemia please consider ordering this product.

Nice Product

Posted by Reviewer1880085 on May 31, 2009

My iron levels run on the low side so my doctor has me taking iron 3 days a week. I have used this product with pretty good results, but recently switched to the Raw Iron by Garden of Life. I ran out of the raw iron and started using the Blood Builder again, but noticed it just doesn't raise my levels enough. I didn't notice the difference until I stopped using the raw and switched. I am reordering the raw and sticking with it. I also think the Floridex iron by Flora works better than this.

Good Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1282693 on Jul 25, 2013

This product actually works! I have tried the gamut of iron products and none of them raised my iron level even one point. This raised my iron level over 30 points in just two months.

Perfect iron supplement

Posted by Reviewer2925538 on Feb 23, 2014

After giving birth I was terribly anemic. To the point that I was experiencing pica! It was terrible. Within two weeks I was completely better and iron levels were up to normal. It's strong yet so gentle on the stomach. I can take in on an empty stomach without issue. This tab absorbs well and remains one of the few supplements/herbs I take regularly and always have on hand.