Gets a bad grade(F!) at EWG`s healthy cleaning guide

Posted by Reviewer2686341 on Apr 08, 2013

http://www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners/2219-methodANTIBACAntibacterialBathroomCleanerSpearmint I recommend everyone to take a look at this page when shopping for good cleaning products. Not many are on Iherb for sale, and some of the ones that got A grade are discontinued. Method had none on that list, I think. So; it smells a lot, and when I leave it on(in order for it to have antibac effect), it dries - and I have to spray more. After a lot of research I`m going to use a variety of Dr. Bronners castile soap and add some tea tree oil when I need antibacterial effect - or - use vinegar/lemon/baking soda(not all together of course). So: Method came out pretty bad on their scale, other products from Ecover etc got B/C and so on - F is not acceptable to me in any way.

too strong

Posted by Reviewer1680065 on Oct 24, 2011

probably effective, but smell too strong

Stinks! Something's not right!

Posted by aunatural on Jan 07, 2013

I'm a huge fan of method cleaners but of the three I have purchased from iHerb, both of the "Antibac" ones have had a really repulsive, mouldy smell. I have tried adding peppermint oil to this one but even that doesn't mask the horrible smell. I think I'll just stick to buying the non "Antibac" ones they have at my local supermarket.

smells very bad

Posted by Reviewer2857713 on Jan 15, 2013

запах ужасный

Really stinks!

Posted by 4689298126335636321 on Oct 09, 2015

This is by far the worst smelling Method product I've used.

smells awful!

Posted by 5575948397916528601 on May 23, 2016

I really liked the concept of this but the smell that lingers is like old crusty toothpaste - and that's putting it mildly.