10% Off Orders Over $40!

Meyenberg Goat Milk, Whole Powdered Goat Milk, Vitamin D, 12 oz (340 g)

Meyenberg vs Mt Capra

Posted by Reviewer1637065 on Jun 04, 2013

Bought both Meyenberg whole powdered goat milk as well as Mt Capra so I think others will be curious to know the difference between these two as I was :) Mt Capra: Bland and thin, rather tasteless. I use my own infant milk formula scoop for both brands so the quantity is consistent. I have to mix in more milk powder for this brand. Its texture is very fine and powdery, like baby milk powder. Mixes very easily in a baby bottle. I do not like the container, its too tall! You need a long spoon to get to the bottom without getting milk powder all over your hands. The powder also sticks to the sides of the container. My older child does not like this milk. I have to combine this with fresh milk for her to accept it. Meyenberg: Creamy and rich with good aroma. Taste is very close to fresh goat milk but still has a slight powdered milk taste. The powder is thicker and darker yellow. It is very hard to mix and I have to shake it very well to get it to completely dissolve. I prefer the taste of Meyenberg but Mt Capra mixes better. Even though Capra works out to be slightly cheaper, I will stick to Meyenberg in the future.

disodium phosphate added leading to chronic disease

Posted by Reviewer2177020 on Jul 25, 2013

Meyerberg has recently added disodium phosphate to this milk which can lead to chronic illness due to elevated Phos. in the blood. see Townsend letter June 2013 for details. This is now a polluted, processed product.

Better than cow milk

Posted by Reviewer1556067 on Dec 09, 2010

When I drink this I can tell my nerves relax due to the L Tryptophan in this. Goat milk also is better digested and does not cause mucos phlem. I like to take it warm with honey and ghee indian clarified butter. It is great for increasing spiritual and physical energy.

Klim but from goats not cows

Posted by Reviewer2132900 on Aug 06, 2010

After the war II this 'Klim' is what the allies (Gurkhas and Brits) brought to us starving ex prisoners in Indonesia. Milk with cream. I use this excellent product to make hot chocolate and also mix it in with cereals. Package (can) too is excellent worth keeping for storage.

The BEST!

Posted by Reviewer2009245 on Sep 29, 2010

My son cannot drink cow's milk so this alternative is perfect. It's better than soy milk, much creamier and has the fat toddlers need. And it's better than soy especially for a boy since soy has lots of estrogen type hormone in it. Love LOVE this powdered goats milk!