Worth a try if you have spare cash!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

I am not sure why this is called shirataki pasta since the Japanese called it shirataki noodle which is much more accurate. The “pasta” resembles Asian style of curly noodles. This product is zero-calories, making it seems like an ideal product for losing some extra weight. Precisely because of the lack of calories, it does not give you the feeling of fullness and you will feel hungry quite quickly. It’s made of soluble fiber so it’s good for you since fiber keeps you regular and helps to reduce the rate of various cancers such as prostate, colon, etc. You will also notice that there are many complaints regarding the pungent smell when you open the pack. The smell is probably due to the calcium hydroxide in the water. Now, this is a very important statement on the product ‘Miracle Noodles absorbs the flavors of any sauce or dish you prepare’. It’s true that it absorbs the flavours very well. Considering the noodle has been soaked in the pungent calcium hydroxide solution from the production till you opened, the noodle has also absorbed the ‘taste of the calcium hydroxide’. It’s true! No matter how long I rinse it or boil it, there will still be some aftertaste that is similar to the smell. It is possible to mask the taste but the aftertaste will still catch up to you somehow. As for the price, I found that it’s too expensive. $2.38 for 198g of noodle is reasonable but you are paying for 198g of noodle + calcium hydroxide solution. The noodle probably weighs 100g only which is probably not sufficient for an adult. I use 2 packs but still get hungry after 2 hours. Another issue is that I am not sure if calcium hydroxide is even safe in the food or safe for consumption over time (bound to have some leftover no matter how you wash). Check out my page for more reviews!

Crunchier than normal noodles, but still a great option

Posted by Umbridge on Mar 04, 2012

I find the best way to enjoy these noodles is to soak them in hot water after rinsing, rinse again, and then let them sit in the sauce for a bit. That is, if you want a softer texture. If you want/like them crunchy, then you don't have to worry about it! I gave these a lower score because I'm not crazy about how thin they are, but they are angel hair, after all! I just thought I would give them a try. Great with asian sauces in particular.

Good

Posted by Reviewer1816806 on Apr 11, 2012

I eat it blended with roasted vegies and some salsa - very good and meks me feel full and at the same time not deprived that I need to cut the size of my portion.

Okay pasta substitute

Posted by lipslife on May 12, 2014

The noodles pretty much taste nothing, but texture wise it feels like pasta, and it soaks up the flavour of the sauce, so it works. No carbs or gluten:)

Ok.

Posted by MonicaH78 on Apr 21, 2012

Have no taste, so need a lot of spice to make them taste good.

Good substitute!

Posted by Reviewer2196392 on May 24, 2012

Extremely little calories, easy to prepare and it tastes good! I will not order again though as it is quite pointless to order just one meal...

not to happy

Posted by happydays on Jul 08, 2012

strange taste and rubbery.

Low carb alternative

Posted by Reviewer2688267 on Jul 13, 2012

I'm not a big fan of noodles, but if you are, these are a great low carb substitute for glass noodles. Fishy smell when you open the bag, so rinse them well before cooking.

Not really like pasta

Posted by Reviewer2321779 on Jul 29, 2012

I mean its close, but you can't put tomato sauce on it. I guess can, but it's not going to be tasty.

Didn't knock my socks off

Posted by Immortalhair on Aug 30, 2012

It's up to personal taste.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »