tasty

Posted by Reviewer3213560 on Mar 06, 2011

I love this as a drink anytime. Add a bit of goats milk and its great with a meal instead of coffee or tea.

Goat Milk Whey

Posted by Reviewer1469307 on Oct 13, 2007

Excellent product

Great Product!

Posted by 5676901011167680268 on Aug 29, 2012

I give it three stars just because I have never taken it before. I mix in with my shakes and juices. No adverse effects. Perfect complement to my raw juices and shakes. Best shipping prices to europe I have ever seen. Thanks!

Not a good substitute for sweet whey in baking

Posted by Reviewer1222987 on Dec 14, 2011

This is fine for its intended use, as a healthy food supplement. I'd ordered it hoping that it would also serve as a substitute for cow's milk whey in baking, since I'm recently lactose-intolerant and really miss the gluten-free bread I baked using whey. It doesn't work for that - not the same taste at all, and an odd brownish color. Too bad - but then again, it's not the use for which it's intended.

Correction for individuals worried about silica

Posted by 5250143862562824224 on Dec 22, 2016

I've given a low rating to grab your attention. This product deserves 10 stars. Ignorance is bliss but not in this case. This mineral whey will naturally form granules and then turn into larger chunks if silica is not added. The granules you see are the good bits that don't have silica. It is the fine powder which flows freely that you need to worry about. Also, please do some research on rice millers syndrome. I have tried both the professional version and this version and would highly recommend this one to anyone with poor digestion or sensitive internals including allergies. Silica is good for health in moderate quantities as it holds everything together just as it holds concrete in a building. It is available for purchase separately in colloidal form too for people having joint problems. Rice hulls on the other hand are also high in silica but are known to cause health problems. Personally, I would prefer for the product to be silica-free or with minimal silica but then most people hate granules so it's not good for business. Declaring the amount would help but no one does that so why expect that from Mt.Capra? I can't even tolerate fresh goat milk but this is the best drink I've had in the last decade.