• Customer Ratings

nice product!

Posted by 4663289905370910889 on Aug 17, 2014

Nice taste….it's nicer when you add more to make it thicker...

Here's my verdict.

Posted by jayzou on Apr 07, 2012

I've tried this goat milk and Meyenberg Goat Milk, and both have their pro's and con's. Mt. Capra goat milk has been my first taste of any goat milk, but when I tried Meyenberg' Goat Milk it actually tasted pretty good. Mt. Capra has more of a bland taste, almost non-existent. While the taste barely registers, and the creaminess is there. Meyenberg Goat Milk has the creaminess AND the taste, but the quality might not be as high as Mt. Capra's. In the end, I do what another reviewer states: MIX BOTH Mt. Capra and Meyenberg goat milk together, (especially if you are making kefir) and enjoy!!

Good taste

Posted by MikaelP on Apr 04, 2012

Very filling creamy taste. Hard to mix with water. With blender the resulting drink is excellent. I use it with spirulina and yoghurt type drinks for creamy taste.

New product for me

Posted by Jarousek on Dec 28, 2011

I tried this as a replacement for my raw milk, that was suspended due to eColiby CDFA; (which was a power trip by CDFA) just to ruin a private company financially; public out cry and protests restored their product back on shelves. This powder milk does not have the greatest taste, but nutritionally excellent.I prefer to stick with my organic raw milk.

good goat milk

Posted by Reviewer2334313 on Jul 15, 2011

I like it. The powder is too small and the package is too tall, to my regret. Nice taste and excellent contents.

Capra versus Meyenberg

Posted by Reviewer2694374 on Jul 04, 2011

Mt Capra Instant Goat Milk Powder - Very White & Very Fine Powder ( Looks more like a protein powder ) - ZERO Goaty Aroma, NO Milk Aroma. ( This gives me a bad impression ) - BAD mixability ( A shaker is the only way to prevent clumps ) - BLAND TASTING ( Whole family said it tasted like dry cardboard ) - ZERO goat milk taste. ZERO goat milk aroma. ZERO milk aroma - POOR mouthfeel for an instant milk powder. NOT CREAMY at all. - Advantage : Suitable for those who cannot tolerate goaty smell in milk. Only 1 gram Cholesterol. ZERO folic acid. - FEELS LIKE DRINKING A REGULAR NON FLAVORED, PROTEIN POWDER MIXED WITH WATER. NOT SPECTACULAR AT ALL. Meyenberg Instant Goat Milk Powder - Yellow Powder. Not as finely textured as Mt.Capra's Instant Goat Milk. - Gives an obvious goaty aroma and milky aroma - BAD mixability ( shaker is necessary to avoid clumps ) - GOOD for those wants and enjoys a goaty aroma in their milk - NOT CREAMY as advertised. - POOR mouthfeel Conclusion: Both companies could not get the formulation right. So here is my secret to getting it right. Buy a can of Meyenberg and buy one can Mt. Capra MINERAL WHEY. Mix both cans into a larger empty jar. Shake well to make sure both powder mix together well. This is the secret combination that gives us consumers a wonderful, creamy and golden caramel tasting powdered goats milk.

Capra milk review

Posted by Reviewer2745160 on Dec 06, 2010

Quite happy with this product.

Instead of Dead Cow Milk, Here's How I Make Cold Goat Milk On-Demand for My Cereal

Posted by Reviewer1404671 on Aug 10, 2010

I wanted something other than dead cow milk. Raw milk is 'alive' and healthy, but it is only available to the few, for now. I have rice, oat, and almond 'milk'. But I was looking for making milk on-demand for my cereal and consume something that was much healthier than the 'standard' 'milk' products, and yet have stored at room temperature. Powdered Milk. My search led me to Goat Milk. To this site (iHerb). It's my first try at this. Ok, it takes a some getting used to, which I am now as the weeks have passed. Here's how I make my Mt Capra Goat Milk, on-demand, for my cereal: 2 level Tablespoons of Mt Capra Powdered Goat Milk. Add a tiny bit of water - stir until a smooth mix. Somewhat thick. Otherwise, it's much harder to have it properly mixed if all 8oz of water is added at once or adding the powder to the 8oz of water. Now, (if water is at room temperature) add 3-to-5 ice cubes and the rest of the water for 8oz total. Stir until ice melts. Oh, I need to sweetened it up a bit. I add 3 liquid drops of NSI Stevia. If you have a 'weaker' type Stevia, it'll take more drops. (Or use raw cane sugar, raw honey, etc.) I use a Pyrex Measuring Cup (2-cup size) to mix. Cold Goat Milk for my cereal! Or just drink it! -Pj

Instant Powdered Goat's milk

Posted by Reviewer1950719 on Dec 01, 2009

I'm so happy to have found this product! My baby is allergic to milk, and she does just fine with this. It mixes well in a shaker with warm water. Thanks for carrying this product!

Mt. Capra powdered goat milk

Posted by Reviewer1324578 on Mar 06, 2009

This powdered goat milk tastes as good or maybe a little better than Meyenberg's powdered milk. I can still tell the difference between this and regular whole goat milk, but it's really close. The mixing directions on this product are incorrect in my opinion. It takes 50% more than they state to make good milk, but it's OK, because the container has enough in it to mix it that way and still get 16 servings as stated on the label. I think it's just a misprint on the label. Also, the label states to mix with warm water. The fat doesn't break up well unless very very warm water is used (cold water does not work well at all!). Overall, this is a good product, and I'll buy it again. iHerb has the best price!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »