Natrol, 5-HTP TR, Time Release, 100 mg, 45 Tablets

THIS IS TRULY A BLESSING!!!

Posted by Reviewer1764281 From Canada on Jun 02, 2011

I don't even know where to begin with this review but I will try.... I have been on at least 8 different antidepressants in my life, various antipsychotics, anxiety medication, sleeping medication..the list goes on and on...I have tried different brands of 5HTP that were not time released like this one is...Nothing seemed to work to cure my depression of 12 years.. that is until I stumbled upon this time released form of 5htp from Natrol...From the first day I took it.. I began to feel amazing..at first I was worried that it might just be a placebo effect, but it has been about 2 months now and still feel great on a daily basis. I went as far as to email Natrol personally and thank them for this wonderful supplement that has changed my entire life. I think the key is the 15 hour time release "structure" of the pill that makes it last all day. I personally take 200mg in the morning with amazing results... I will continue to take this for the rest of my life... no joke.. Thank you Iherb and Natrol for putting a smile on my face :)

GREAT product- a LIFESAVER!

Posted by TheSoulfulSpoon From South Carolina on Mar 05, 2012

This product has been the number one best thing I've done to fight my depression. It's amazing and really does work ALL DAY. one pill every morning with my breakfast, and I'm telling you...i've suffered for almost fifteen years with depression. This is such an affordable product with REAL results. GREAT!!!! THANK YOU iHERB!!

5-htp all hours super relaxation.

Posted by Reviewer1988592 From Canada on Jan 17, 2012

this is a good version of 5-htp for whomever wants 5-htp in their blood at all hours and still have a steady and consistent effect that lasts throughout the night and very good rest the next day, the non-time release versions you feel it wear off after a few hours as oposed to this version. vitamin b6 p5p also enhances 5-htp if anyone isn't feeling the effects of 5-htp it helps create co-enzymes to help break down 5-htp much better into serotonin.

Wow! Excellent! I am thrilled!

Posted by Reviewer2547985 From Washington on Nov 02, 2008

Finally! Someone's making a timed release 5-HTP! At bedtime I have taken 25mg of regular Natrol 5-htp (half a regular non-timed-release capsule) for over five years with pretty good results. However I had often noticed that if I accidently woke up in the middle of the night and took the other half, in the morning I was even more refreshed. Now I'm still taking the half-capsule of regular Natrol 5-HTP plus 25mg (one quarter tablet) of this timed release version at the same time before bed. Super, super, super! This combo is even better than either one alone. The regular 5-HTP sends me to sleep promptly and the timed release keeps me asleep and *dreaming sweetly* until morning, when I wake up refreshed. This timed release version is a godsend. I don't know if there is a problem with the tablet count, but frankly, I would buy it at three times the price.

really works

Posted by Reviewer2664178 From New York on Apr 23, 2009

I have no idea why no one else makes a time-release 5-HTP, since it has such a short half-life, but thank goodness Natrol does. First time 5-HTP has worked for us.