Naturade, Pea Protein, Vanilla, 15.6 oz (444 g)

Best Vegetable Protein

Posted by Reviewer3288960 on Feb 04, 2013

Naturade Pea Protein is the best vegetable protein I have tasted, taste much better than soy. Have mixed this with both orange and pineapple juice, taste is good. Be creative with juices. I use one heaping scoop - two scoops make it little too thick for me. This gives me a heaping 10 mg. protein, which is okay, as I get other protein during the day. I also use a whey protein some days, as I like variety. Pea Protein is low in carbs, sugars, and sodium. Gets my vote. I would recommend this product.

best pea protein

Posted by 4722414789490649766 on Jul 10, 2013

130 calories gives you 20g of protein. Which is a great ratio. All natural sweetener. Mixes pretty good. Definitely better than most! I have tried most of the name brand pea proteins out there and for the money it is a great buy... and a real good taste. Any new protein takes a little bit to get used to, we all know.... but I would rate this a 9 out of 10 for flavor.

Not bad...

Posted by Reviewer1789993 on Sep 30, 2011

I will admit that I was a little hesitant to try this due to their being no reviews and, well, it's made from peas. I was pleasantly surprised though. I made it initially with just almond milk and gave it a taste. Okay, though I could taste a bit of a pea flavor. I then added a little dark cocoa, banana and ice and at that point, it didn't taste any different than my soy protein powder and with the same consistency. If you are trying to avoid soy, like I am, then definitely give this a try.

Naturade Pea Protein

Posted by dorkieboo on Sep 12, 2014

It's a little pricey given the serving size but tastes great when I mix it with hazelnut milk. I would buy this again :)

Like the taste, don't love the ingredients

Posted by 5716421043990708279 on Mar 26, 2015

To be fair, I didn't spend much time READING the ingredients before purchasing, so that one's on me. That being said, it's a decent-tasting product. It's very smooth and mixes well with water without being chunky. It is on the sweeter side, which is likely attributed to the added sugar -- fructose is the second ingredient. It also has maltodextrin, which I don't necessarily love. I also wasn't expecting this shake to have 10 grams of carbohydrates per serving (again, didn't read before I bought), but that makes it a perfect addition to breakfast or as a post-workout. Should also be noted that this product contains just 12 servings, coming out to almost $1.20 per serving at the iHerb price. Most other protein powders I've used calculate out to less than a dollar per serving. Overall, I wish I would have done more research before buying, but I will be keeping and using it. I am probably not going to buy again due to price per serving and the less-than-desirable ingredient list.