Natural Balance, IBX Soothing Bowel Formula, 120 Veggie Caps

Rhubarb Root Is the Trick

Posted by Reviewer2947850 on Jul 02, 2008

As a long sufferer of intestinal complaints brought on by trauma and IBS, I found that senna, cassia, and other natural laxatives were too cramp-inducing. The active ingredient--rhubarb root-- in IBX is the ONLY herb I've found in 20 years that is gentle and ALWAYS effective. Interesting side note: When I was pregnant taking this product, my doctor researched it to see if it was ok to take and discovered a government study showing pregnant women in Germany take rhubarb root to control their blood pressure. So, you get both lower blood pressure and a gentle stimulant. Try taking IBX at night with 1 tsp psyllium powder mixed in 12 oz water for best effect. I have taken this product daily for at least 8 years.

this helps

Posted by Reviewer2810746 on Jul 28, 2009

I struggle with terrible constipation due to vagal neuropathy. This product does seem to help increase frequency of BM's. It greatly decreases gas and bloating. I use it along with Miralax and high doses of Magnesium.

Poor Enzymes - hasn't any strength to relieve IBS symptoms

Posted by Reviewer1024001 on Jul 15, 2008

Didn't work for me. Long time IBS sufferer. Read all reviews prior to purchasing and looked forward to regulated bowel functions with use of product. Suffered through 5 days without a single movement. Finally relented & used different product for relief. For me, this product not only didn't live up to its stated properties, but more importantly, disappointed me with its lack of any type of result. Judge for yourself.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer2575599 on Mar 09, 2009

The best product at the best price I have found. Only thing I have found to help relieve my IBS symptoms.

Help for IBS

Posted by Reviewer1553384 on Dec 06, 2006

I had very bad IBS. It was so bad that it was very embarrassing alot of the time. These pills are great. I was taking another medicine that help a little and was able to go completely off of it after I had taken these a few weeks. They are extremely effective. Paula