Natural Factors, Stress-Relax, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 60 Enteric Coated Caplets

Essential if you have Fibromyalgia or Depression

Posted by Reviewer3105907 on Jan 16, 2009

I was using l-tryptophan (3 grams a day) and it did not help my depression/anxiety. When I switched to this 5-htp it was amazing. I started at 100mg, 3X a day along with 1000 mg L-tyrosine ( 3X day) for one week. Then I went to 5 -htp 100 mg, 4X a day with 1000mg tyrosine, 3X day and withing 3 days at this dosage I felt like myself again and do not feel depressed at ALL! Love that it is enteric coated so no stomach irritation. Take on an empty stomach. Don't forget to add a coenzymated b complex supplement at breakfast and vitamin C. And add extra folate in the form of methylfolate (Solgar brand) as it helps make serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamie.

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer2206388 on Feb 23, 2008

This is one of the types of 5-HTP recommended by Michael Murray, N.D. in his book, 5-HTP. It does not upset the stomach because it breaks down in the intestinal tract. I have noticed almost immediately a difference in the way I felt, and have overcome my depression fits completely without the aid of antidepressants. I sleep soundly and have been able to control my appetite to the point that I am losing weight! Great product!

better than antidepressants

Posted by Reviewer2778441 on Oct 02, 2008

this is great for mood stabilization and sleep. I have turned my friends onto it. Key is patience and the correctdosage. I started taking 2 three times a day but am now down to 1 in the morning and 2 at night.

great 5-htp product

Posted by Reviewer2298852 on Oct 23, 2008

I've used this for sleeplessness with good results. I take it at or after dinner and i can fall asleep at the right time. It seems to help with mood and weight control too. This brand seems consistently good quality and the enteric coating works.

Improves sleep

Posted by Reviewer2080452 on Feb 07, 2008

This is the precursor to serotonin. It really helps improve the quality of my sleep.