An excellent form of 5-HTP

Posted by Reviewer2776030 on Dec 19, 2014

No tummy upset woth this brand, and very effective. I would rather take one before bed and another during the hight IF I wake, rather than dose myself up every night with a stronger tablet. This really takes the edge off too re: mood. I have bought a few brands to try but this is my favourite.

good for sleep

Posted by 5355254441692460143 on Dec 02, 2014

Per Julia Ross's book, The Mood Cure, I'm taking this supplement for mood and sleep issues, and it has been very helpful for both. I actually cut the tablet in half to use the smallest possible dose, which is still quite effective for me: taking 1/2 in the afternoon and 1/2 before bed works well (sometimes with an additional 1/2 at bedtime). The only problem with this method is that you lose the benefit of the enteric coating. I've not had stomach issues, though. Another important point is to take this supplement away from protein for full effectiveness. Recommended!

Affordable

Posted by 5199231874746806761 on Nov 07, 2013

Price is good. Can´t really tell the effects, but I only take it in synergy with Gaba and melatonin at night, can't really tell the effects.

Works but don't like the caplet

Posted by emanuela on Aug 24, 2013

It works fine, helps me relax, if anything makes me a bit drowsy afternoon to evening (I have been taking 3 a day, one after each main meal). Personally, I have been having trouble swallowing this whole, so have had to dissolve it in water. Therefore little point buying enteric coated caplets, I'd rather buy a capsule! Moreover, this caplet contains magnesium stearate which is not helpful. I wish magnesium stearate and all other useless eccipients were taken out of this and other supplements.

It works

Posted by Anna-Reviews on Apr 13, 2013

I used it only once (for insomnia & depression) - it worked, I slept very well and woke up feeling rested, also I had good mood the next day. I never used it again because I realised I don't wan't to depend on some drug, I want to cure the cause of my depression. Since then I read a lot about it and it appears that there are many things causing depression: food allergies, low thyroid, poor diet, environmental toxins, metal toxicity, candida overgrowth etc. (So far I've found out I have severe gluten allergy and I really feel better when it's not in my diet). So people my message is: do some research and don't cure only the symptoms of your depression, look deeper and find the cause, because there's always one.

Quite good

Posted by Christal on Aug 02, 2012

Have not felt that it helped at all with sleep or energy or weight loss, but do feel that it helps with mood and anxiety. Taking this with Rhodiola Rosea 500mg. My problem could be finding the correct number of caplets to take daily & what time of the day to take it. As far as the Enteric Coating goes, it really doesn't bother my stomach at all when taken without meals. Update: For those who are buying this to aid sleep, be informed that 5-HTP does not work on everyone for sleeping problem. For me, taking just one 50mg cap. before bedtime will keep me awake throughout the night. If I take it with melatonin, instead of enhancing the effect of melatonin, it works the opposite way, making it harder for me to fall asleep and producing very unsound sleep. 100mg before bed will make me very restless (borderline agitated) the whole sleepless night. So I take 50-100mg @daytime with Rhodiola; it does calm me down, making me less stressed out and panicky, helping me face my day with more positivity. Higher dose than that and it's too sedating.

Very Good

Posted by Reviewer1154836 on Mar 01, 2012

Have tried some brands of 5HTP that didn't work but this one DOES work. Good brand in general.

Satisfactory

Posted by Reviewer1956885 on Nov 06, 2011

Prefer 100 mg size

effective

Posted by Reviewer1545923 on Aug 31, 2011

works well. more effective because of enteric coating, I believe. I have tried many other brands. This is one of the best.

Interesting product

Posted by Reviewer1809365 on Aug 02, 2011

I bought this for my teenage daughter who has been diagnosed with mild clinical depression, but has yet to start medication. She showed tremendous improvement within the next day.(2X per day) My husband who has sleep apnea, took it as well, and reported he had never slept better. Both are very happy. As for me, it has the opposite effect - kept me awake at night, kept my mind very active. For those hours i managed to sleep, it was full of dreams. So be prepared to encounter mixed reactions based on your body chemistry/condition.