Natural Factors, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, 200 mg, 120 Capsules

Thyroid patients, beware!!

Posted by Reviewer2186058 on Jun 18, 2011

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis (underactive thyroid) and have been on thyroid meds for over 10 years. This product was recommended by a friend whose husband has used it successfully to control blood sugar levels. I was recently diagnosed as pre-diabetic and thought it could help me avoid becoming full-blown diabetic. I took one 200 mg capsule a day and in a few days began having intense headaches, like a vice around my head and feeling sluggish, as I do when my thyroid meds need adjustment. Since the ALA was the only difference in my supplement regimen, I did some research and found out that ALA may interfere with thyroid med absorption! I stopped taking it and began feeling better within 48 hours. If you're taking thyroid medication, you may want to look for other options to control blood sugar levels.

This works!

Posted by Reviewer2191277 on Oct 13, 2011

A Pharmacist recommended Alpha-Lipoic Acid for neuropathy which I have in one foot due to a past injury. The annoying, uncomfortable 'buzzing' is brought under complete remission and control as long as I take this product daily. The effectiveness of the product was proven to me when I ran out recently and put off ordering more. The neuropathy came roaring back. It took several weeks to get it under control again. I won't run out again.

To get motivated and more energic

Posted by Reviewer3292517 on Jun 28, 2010

I found ALA great against the feeling of "heaviness" you get from depression: it brings you energy and you feel more dynamic in your activities. I feel also my mood improving. The instructions advice 3 serving per day but I only take two however, because it can lower your blood sugar level too much.

Natural Factors, Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by Reviewer1243295 on Jul 15, 2008

Great product. I'm using it to cleanse my liver.

Liver Cleanser

Posted by Reviewer2580814 on Sep 06, 2011

Works well for cleansing the liver as well as bringing dowm free radicals by recyling antioxidants.