Bucks the trend...

Posted by Reviewer2325387 on Jun 20, 2007

If you're anything like me, you've probably spent several hundred dollars (if not more) on supplements over the years, only to discover that three-quarters of them appear to make little or no discernable, tangible, difference to your health, despite the claims of the manufacturers. I am very pleased to say that, for me, Biosil is a very notable exception to this trend. This stuff works. I'll say it again: THIS STUFF WORKS! I have close-shaven hair (about 1/8" long)and because of this, it is readily apparent to me when my hair has changed because any difference in stiffness makes it much harder to run my hand over. Whenever I stop using Biosil for a few weeks and then return to it, the difference in strength of my hair is quite startling. I highly recommend this product if you suffer from silicon deficiency (most people do), and I also suggest you look into Kervran's book 'Biological Transmutations', which is hard-going but discusses the concept of transmutation of minerals. While this concept has yet to garner wide-spread acceptance, there is good sense behind it and it points to the possiblity that silicon can be used by the body for many purposes other than those directly pertaining to silicon in its basic form. That Biosil makes silicon so abundantly-absorbable for the body, only adds to its potential.

tastes bad, but works well

Posted by Reviewer1499622 on Dec 04, 2008

This review may be a bit premature because I've only been using the Biosil for a couple months, but: my nails are growing at an alarming rate (a disadvantage, for me) and my hair already seems to be thicker. Not thicker as in more hair per sq. inch, but each individual strand seems thicker and healthier. This is noticable primarily near the scalp, so I'm guessing the Biosil must already be affecting the new growth. The clinical studies showed differences at the 5 and 6 month mark, so I'm not expecting overnight miracles, but seeing a small improvement so quickly is nice. The liquid Biosil has a horrendous taste, so I bought the Now Foods empty capsules and take it that way - makes life a little easier.

Convincing and immediate results

Posted by Reviewer2166360 on May 14, 2011

I actually bought this to assist with my "avoid osteoperosis" campaign. I got a poor bone-density report awhile back and I'm determined to improve it. Imagine my surprise when, within two days, my chronic shoulder pain disappeared. I thought it might be a fluke, but when my husband complained about knee pain and had the same miraculous results... well, I ordered 4 more.

Joint Popping and Gout

Posted by Reviewer2509836 on Oct 29, 2007

This has made a huge difference. No more joint popping. My knuckles don't pop very easily even when I attempt to do it purposely. I feel "lubed" and have noticed increased strength in my knee and other joints. No inflammation since started taking even with lifting weights and cardio. It is one of the top 5 things in my health arsenal.

GREAT PRODUCT

Posted by Reviewer2732259 on Apr 04, 2007

MY HAIR WAS STUNTED FOR THE LONGEST TIME. AS SOON I STARTED TAKING BIOSIL MY HAIR STARTED TO GROW AN AT A FASTER RATE.....

love

Posted by Reviewer2363743 on Apr 13, 2013

I have taken Neocell collagen powder for 1 bottle. Of course it is marvelous. BUT I TELL YA! after I add this, it enhance the Neocell even more! Consuming Neocell collagen alone gets rid my acne scar after 1 bottle. with this addition, 2 weeks! 2 weeks! the scars have gone! WOW

Is it worth it? In my case, it’s a resounding YES.

Posted by sharonleesg on Oct 14, 2015

I wrote a detailed review on my blog with its clinical trials. In line with iHerb review policy, I'm not allowed to mention outside links. Please visit my profile and you can find where to go next. Here's a snippet of my review: Working in the pharmaceutical industry as a marketer alongside colleagues who are pharmacists and doctors, it opens my eyes to the world of drugs. Formulations have to undergo clinical trials and backed by medical articles published in peer-reviewed journals, so that when we speak to the medical doctors, it definitely has the efficacy for their patients. Just like how some people joke how banks are actually legalised moneylenders (unlike loan sharks), pharmaceutical manufacturers are like the drug lords, except they are operating legally. I like to try new brands. I always read labels and check their ingredients, whether it’s product I put into my body, or slap on my face. Now when a product for the health and beauty industry speaks out as being backed by clinical studies, I’m even more intrigued to test it out. Consumer sales from products from this industry are usually pushed more by clever marketing, effective sales channels and people, than selling on its clinical trials. Manufactured by Bio Mineral NV in Belgium, BioSil is touted as an advanced collagen generator. Its active ingredient is ch-OSA (Choline-Stabilized Orthosilicic Acid), a bioavailable form of silicon, which is found to increase the hydroxyproline concentration in the dermis of animals. Mostly found in collagen, Hydroxyproline plays a major role in collagen stability and some manufacturers put it into cosmetic products to enhance the forming of collagen. In this way, the skin will achieve more firmness and wrinkles are reduced. Hydroxyproline also helps in wound healing and is an important element in bones. ('cont'd) Conclusion: If you analyse the price to its efficacy, I’m only spending USD3.20 (SGD4.30) every month for 8 months, which means about USD0.10 per day! And I’m still not finishing it yet. It’s stretching my dollar and giving me good results, considering I didn’t consume it daily. I can’t imagine getting by without it. But I'll likely get the caps instead. The drops stink real bad without a strong beverage to cover it up.

won't go without it

Posted by ocean61 on Mar 25, 2014

There are plenty of reviews for this product, but thought I would add my opinion because I am happy with product. Started using three years ago to address hair thinning problem. Within 2 weeks, another problem I had with joints in my neck completely disappeared. Prior to using BioSil, I could not turn my head from side to side without pain and I "heard" my joints grinding. I spent lots of money going to a chiropractor, no need to do that anymore. I use a lot of oral and topical products for healthbeauty. If I could only use one, this would be it. Also, skin looks a lot better, plump and healthy! Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Powerhouse Joint tissue support

Posted by Reviewer1157179 on Aug 27, 2013

OMG!! i love this stuff, and notice when i dont put it in my recovery drink daily,,, the difference is without it ... achy knees, and hips... with it... no aches!! 6 drops daily in the post recovery drink and whalaaa... i am back to training next day recovered from past workout. i train, 10-12 hours per week plus a bike ride and a 3-5 mile run over the weekend!

Bought this based on rave reviews here...

Posted by Reviewer2828609 on Dec 20, 2007

... and am happy to report that I've seen positive results in approx. 3 weeks, in that my curly/coily hair doesn't seem to shed as much during styling, and my nails are growing stronger. I use quality beauty products and am permanently adding this to my regime.