Thickens hair, good for nails

Posted by dav605 on Dec 06, 2007

My hair got very thick, even coarse, after taking this product for a years. Since hair grows at about ¾" a month, it takes a while to see the difference in your hair. I had split nails that no longer split. Most surprising to me was that I had a pinky toenail that grew back after being gone for many years.

First wrinkles

Posted by Reviewer2380750 on Aug 04, 2011

I’ve been using BioSil nearly half a year. I tried this only because it was highly recommended by my home country’s` dermatologists. Just after I had my 27th birthday I had some tragic invents in my life (lot of crying, sorrow, worries) and less than a week I developed fine lines under my eyes. As I’m still so young I hoped BioSil would help but unfortunately it had no effect on my wrinkles. But it made a difference with my hair. When more than 10 years I have had hair up to my waist (that is as long as it grows) then now it has grown about 1,5 - 2 inches more. This IS impressive! I keep using BioSil and hope that I can get rid of those first lines :) UPDATE: I have to raise it up to 5 stars. I don’t see much change in my skin but it makes my hair and nails grow like crazy!

So far, so good

Posted by Reviewer2366256 on Dec 29, 2010

I ordered this product on advice that it would help my hair stop breaking off. I've been using it for a few weeks, and I can't say for sure if my hair is better, but my knee sure does not hurt anymore!

African American Hair - WORKS!!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer3064214 on Jan 04, 2008

My daughter and I have been using this product for 4 months now and we have seen great results as far a hair growth and skin texture goes. We have African American hair and we have seen faster hair growth rate and the texture has improved greatly. Our hair feels more moisturized and silky. We take 10 drops per day in the morning on an empty stomach; this along with Biotin and MSM does it for us. We are very pleased with this product and will continue to reorder.

Noticed a difference after 2 weeks

Posted by Reviewer1695608 on Dec 18, 2009

I've been using this for the past 2 weeks, and I can already see a marked improvement in my skin texture and hair strength. Can't say much about nail benefits as I've always had strong nails. But my skin feels softer and looks plumper, and my hair has gotten stronger. Looks promising, can't wait to see further improvement over long-term use. I take 12 drops daily with pineapple juice

won't go without it

Posted by ocean61 on Mar 25, 2014

There are plenty of reviews for this product, but thought I would add my opinion because I am happy with product. Started using three years ago to address hair thinning problem. Within 2 weeks, another problem I had with joints in my neck completely disappeared. Prior to using BioSil, I could not turn my head from side to side without pain and I "heard" my joints grinding. I spent lots of money going to a chiropractor, no need to do that anymore. I use a lot of oral and topical products for healthbeauty. If I could only use one, this would be it. Also, skin looks a lot better, plump and healthy! Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Miracle for sore knees

Posted by Reviewer3281955 on Jan 30, 2015

I can't praise this product highly enough. My elderly mother says that she can walk all day without getting sore knees, and I've found that it has also banished the pain of my own sore knee as if by magic. I think we'll both be taking this daily for the rest of our lives. PS I think the drops have a definite advantage over the tablets even though they have an unpleasant taste. Just make sure you mix them with a drink as instructed when you start. Over time, though, you'll become inured to the smell/taste and won't notice it at all. It's amazing what 6 little drops a day can accomplish.

Science supports it.

Posted by Reviewer1491025 on May 29, 2012

This is probably just 1 critical piece of the puzzle to brittle nails,thinning hair and healthy skin. On its own, i did not see significant changes to my above mentioned symptoms. Probably require vitamins, collagen, herbs etc in combination.

Interesting compound

Posted by Reviewer1391377 on Jan 06, 2012

Feels quite different from other supplements - more medical/medicine sense from it. After trying it out for a month I have lowered my dose to 4 drops every 4th day since this feel "right" to me. Upon starting to take this compound it immediately regulated my bowels for the better (interesting and unlikely to be placebo since I was NOT looking for this effect) and I have proceeded to see difference in facial skin surface which is definitely smoother after taking it for a month. I take it with Choline Bitartrate, Magnesium Citrate and Sodium Ascorbate. Note: I took these before I started the ch-OSA but the effects I'm seeing might have to do with synergy between them. Also, the Sodium Ascorbate is taken apart from the others.

Is it worth it? In my case, it’s a resounding YES.

Posted by sharonleesg on Oct 14, 2015

I wrote a detailed review on my blog with its clinical trials. In line with iHerb review policy, I'm not allowed to mention outside links. Please visit my profile and you can find where to go next. Here's a snippet of my review: Working in the pharmaceutical industry as a marketer alongside colleagues who are pharmacists and doctors, it opens my eyes to the world of drugs. Formulations have to undergo clinical trials and backed by medical articles published in peer-reviewed journals, so that when we speak to the medical doctors, it definitely has the efficacy for their patients. Just like how some people joke how banks are actually legalised moneylenders (unlike loan sharks), pharmaceutical manufacturers are like the drug lords, except they are operating legally. I like to try new brands. I always read labels and check their ingredients, whether it’s product I put into my body, or slap on my face. Now when a product for the health and beauty industry speaks out as being backed by clinical studies, I’m even more intrigued to test it out. Consumer sales from products from this industry are usually pushed more by clever marketing, effective sales channels and people, than selling on its clinical trials. Manufactured by Bio Mineral NV in Belgium, BioSil is touted as an advanced collagen generator. Its active ingredient is ch-OSA (Choline-Stabilized Orthosilicic Acid), a bioavailable form of silicon, which is found to increase the hydroxyproline concentration in the dermis of animals. Mostly found in collagen, Hydroxyproline plays a major role in collagen stability and some manufacturers put it into cosmetic products to enhance the forming of collagen. In this way, the skin will achieve more firmness and wrinkles are reduced. Hydroxyproline also helps in wound healing and is an important element in bones. ('cont'd) Conclusion: If you analyse the price to its efficacy, I’m only spending USD3.20 (SGD4.30) every month for 8 months, which means about USD0.10 per day! And I’m still not finishing it yet. It’s stretching my dollar and giving me good results, considering I didn’t consume it daily. I can’t imagine getting by without it. But I'll likely get the caps instead. The drops stink real bad without a strong beverage to cover it up.