It works!

Posted by Reviewer2414612 on Dec 22, 2011

It is proven that my hair is thicker, healthier and grows fast. Haven't noticed anything for my nails and skin but I will keep taking it since my hair was thinning but not anymore!

Is it worth it? In my case, it’s a resounding YES.

Posted by sharonleesg on Oct 14, 2015

I wrote a detailed review on my blog with its clinical trials. In line with iHerb review policy, I'm not allowed to mention outside links. Please visit my profile and you can find where to go next. Here's a snippet of my review: Working in the pharmaceutical industry as a marketer alongside colleagues who are pharmacists and doctors, it opens my eyes to the world of drugs. Formulations have to undergo clinical trials and backed by medical articles published in peer-reviewed journals, so that when we speak to the medical doctors, it definitely has the efficacy for their patients. Just like how some people joke how banks are actually legalised moneylenders (unlike loan sharks), pharmaceutical manufacturers are like the drug lords, except they are operating legally. I like to try new brands. I always read labels and check their ingredients, whether it’s product I put into my body, or slap on my face. Now when a product for the health and beauty industry speaks out as being backed by clinical studies, I’m even more intrigued to test it out. Consumer sales from products from this industry are usually pushed more by clever marketing, effective sales channels and people, than selling on its clinical trials. Manufactured by Bio Mineral NV in Belgium, BioSil is touted as an advanced collagen generator. Its active ingredient is ch-OSA (Choline-Stabilized Orthosilicic Acid), a bioavailable form of silicon, which is found to increase the hydroxyproline concentration in the dermis of animals. Mostly found in collagen, Hydroxyproline plays a major role in collagen stability and some manufacturers put it into cosmetic products to enhance the forming of collagen. In this way, the skin will achieve more firmness and wrinkles are reduced. Hydroxyproline also helps in wound healing and is an important element in bones. ('cont'd) Conclusion: If you analyse the price to its efficacy, I’m only spending USD3.20 (SGD4.30) every month for 8 months, which means about USD0.10 per day! And I’m still not finishing it yet. It’s stretching my dollar and giving me good results, considering I didn’t consume it daily. I can’t imagine getting by without it. But I'll likely get the caps instead. The drops stink real bad without a strong beverage to cover it up.

Great Product with multiple functions

Posted by Reviewer1397836 on Nov 09, 2009

Silica helps your skin, hair, nails, bones, and was recently shown to reduce the risk of dementia. It is safe, cheap, and vegan.... what is not to love!! It tastes a bit funky, but not terrible. The droplets are cheaper than the tablets, so it's your call.

My nails are hard for the first time in my life

Posted by Reviewer2313637 on Oct 23, 2007

Biosil is one of the few things I've used in my life that I have seen results with very quickly. Biosil in combination with L-Proline has made my nails hard as a rock and my connective tissues are strong. The reason I know it works is because when I stopped taking the two together my nails reverted back to being their flabby and scaly selves.

Tendonopathy

Posted by Reviewer3215277 on Mar 31, 2007

After being misdiagnosed by my physician, I looked up my symptoms on the internet and found out that what I had was tendonopathy and not tendonitis. Anyway, for weeks I couldn't move my thumb accross the palm of my hand, after only one week of taking biosil I notice a dramatic improvement, 3 weeks later I had full movility of my thumb. Thank you Biosil!!!

bones

Posted by Reviewer2643949 on Jul 20, 2011

This is the 2nd lot I have ordered. And my last bone density test showed that bones had improved a bit. Am sure it is due to taking BioSil

Great Product, Awful Taste

Posted by Reviewer2998760 on Feb 18, 2012

I love the BioSil tablets, but they were out so I tried the drops. Straight out of the bottle it was horrible tasting. Trying to hide it in juice, but next time I'll only get the capsules.

thank goodness!

Posted by Reviewer1883342 on Jul 31, 2011

the original formula of BioSil is BACK! My hair growing! PLEASE do not ever change the formula again

Makes a huge difference in days

Posted by 5661727058246421620 on Dec 28, 2013

When I take this for a few days my nails become noticeably stronger. I don't have many wrinkles or age marks, but my skin looks brighter, especially under the eyes. It tastes DISGUSTING, like mouldy cold fish, but I just mix it in with my coconut yoghurt in the morning, then I can't taste it at all.

Makes my skin look plumped up

Posted by Reviewer1014095 on Apr 19, 2014

I think this product really works to help my complexion look healthier. I look well-rested and my skin looks plumper than before.