Good Coenzyme Q10- much needed if you take a statin drug

Posted by NBPT100 on Sep 28, 2013

Co enzyme Q-10 is a substance that is made by your liver. It is used in every cell in your body and required to help produce energy. Any one on a statin drug should supplement with 200-300 mg a day as the statins deplete your levels. There are many of good reviews written here so I will not go too deep and repeat what others have said. You don't have to look hard to find many good summaries about the benefits of CoQ-10. There are many good reasons to supplement with this. The form of Co-Q10 that is the most effective is the Ubiquinol form. This Natural Factors product is the Ubiquinone form which needs to be converted in the body to the Ubiquinol form to be used. Some people have trouble making this conversion and as we age it is believed this process becomes less efficient to some extent in everyone. I believe this is a good product and a great deal when it is on special at I herb. I like that it is does not use Soy as some do. However I recommend taking the Ubiquinol form. It is more expensive by weight but it is reported by some studies to be up to 8 times more absorbable. It is water soluble too while Ubiquinone is not and you must consume so fats when you take it to help it absorb. If you understand this you realize your don't need to take as much Ubiquinol to get the same therapeutic effect and effectively it is not more expensive. I give this 3 stars because it is the Ubiquinone form of CoQ-10 which is not water soluble and much harder to absorb and is not the active form. Go to my home page and see the Ubiquinol form of CoQ-10 I give 5 stars along with my many other value added reviews. If you found this review helpful kindly click the Yes button. Peace and good health.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer3161218 on Apr 24, 2008

I trust the Natural Factors label because it's made in Canada & thus receives rigorous oversight at every stage of production, from ingredients to handling to storage. Since CoQ10's required for energy conversion by every single cell in my body–particularly energy-intensive organs like the heart, brain & liver–this is a must for me. And I've noticed the difference. I have the energy of someone ten years my junior & look & feel great.

I use this every day!

Posted by BJoyce on Oct 31, 2015

As we age our Co Q10 levels decline, and if we take certain medications they will further deplete our levels. Co Q10 is essential to muscle and heart health. We use to use a different brand but this one is cheaper and works just as well. EDITED: I've gone back the the regrettably more expensive brand. This is cheaper, but the initial success of this product must have been based on the lingering benefits from the more expensive brand. In other words this stopped working. I've gone back to Jarrow Q-absorb CoQ-10. It's worth the little more it costs. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

More energy

Posted by Reviewer1116599 on Oct 19, 2008

My husband has started taking the Q10 at night before bed with the Rxomega-3. He now feels more awake and full of energy on his way to work in the morning.

response

Posted by Reviewer2446380 on Sep 18, 2010

very good product, well priced, potency guaranteed. I have used it for 2 years.

Coenzyme Q10

Posted by karishma on Jul 12, 2013

I have been taking it for 5 days now and have noticed that my gum doesn't bleed when I brush my teeth. It used to bleed no matter what toothbrush or toothpaste I use. I am very happy with it and I will continue taking it.

good quality product

Posted by Reviewer1327248 on May 06, 2008

All the Natural Factors products seem to be of good quality. Good prices.

I really love this product!

Posted by Springtime on Aug 03, 2013

I found that one customer has copied here MY REVIEW about Doctor's Best, High Absorption CoQ10, 100 mg, posted on Apr 29, 2013. A great post. Thanks for sharing! :) ------------- Coenzyme Q10 is a substance that’s found naturally in the body and helps convert food into energy. CoQ10 is necessary for the basic functioning of cells. CoQ10 levels are reported to decrease with age and to be low in patients with some chronic diseases. Many people use Q10 supplements, either by themselves or in with other drug therapies to prevent or treat heart and blood vessel conditions, chest pain (angina), high blood pressure, and heart problems. It is also used for diabetes and gum disease. Coenzyme Q10 helps me to increase energy. This is because coenzyme Q10 has a role in producing ATP. I take 1 softgel daily with meals. Co-enzyme Q10 is a fat-soluble and it is recommend to take with Omega-3 Fish Oil or another source of essential fatty acids. Highly recommend! I noticed a difference in my energy when I started taking Natural Factors, Coenzyme Q10. Please, see all my reviews. Thanks for the great service!

Natural Factors, Coenzyme Q10, Enhanced Absorption, 100 mg 60 softgel

Posted by alvinlky on Jun 25, 2013

Excellent product with a economic prices.

No noticeable effect

Posted by Reviewer1437520 on Jun 28, 2012

Not impressed with Natural Factors, with several products. I got tempted by the good price, but didn't notice anything effective in this product. There are better brands, simply.