New To iHerb?

Natural Factors, Coenzyme Q10, Enhanced Absorption, 100 mg, 60 Softgels

Reviews 3-star

Good Coenzyme Q10- much needed if you take a statin drug

Posted by NBPT100 on Sep 28, 2013

Co enzyme Q-10 is a substance that is made by your liver. It is used in every cell in your body and required to help produce energy. Any one on a statin drug should supplement with 200-300 mg a day as the statins deplete your levels. There are many of good reviews written here so I will not go too deep and repeat what others have said. You don't have to look hard to find many good summaries about the benefits of CoQ-10. There are many good reasons to supplement with this. The form of Co-Q10 that is the most effective is the Ubiquinol form. This Natural Factors product is the Ubiquinone form which needs to be converted in the body to the Ubiquinol form to be used. Some people have trouble making this conversion and as we age it is believed this process becomes less efficient to some extent in everyone. I believe this is a good product and a great deal when it is on special at I herb. I like that it is does not use Soy as some do. However I recommend taking the Ubiquinol form. It is more expensive by weight but it is reported by some studies to be up to 8 times more absorbable. It is water soluble too while Ubiquinone is not and you must consume so fats when you take it to help it absorb. If you understand this you realize your don't need to take as much Ubiquinol to get the same therapeutic effect and effectively it is not more expensive. I give this 3 stars because it is the Ubiquinone form of CoQ-10 which is not water soluble and much harder to absorb and is not the active form. Go to my home page and see the Ubiquinol form of CoQ-10 I give 5 stars along with my many other value added reviews. If you found this review helpful kindly click the Yes button. Peace and good health.

It's ok but might have GMO soy aka vitamin E!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jan 28, 2013

Doesn't work as well as other CO-Q-10 I've tried to alleviate extremely sore vein pain which hits once in a while, but it's nary impossible to find non-toxic, non-GMO COQ10 these days as they all insist on adding soy oil or soy-based vitamin E! We live in a very toxic world and I hate these concessions to help excruciating symptoms today which might cause even worse symptoms tomorrow (look up Morgellons!) I wish I could give it 5 stars but I've had better. However times have changed and hard to find a decent COQ10 that actually works. It's better than nothing though.

Worth a try

Posted by DeanaS on Jul 12, 2013

This is a must for anyone taking a statin drug, as that will block your liver's production of COQ10. I take for energy and heart health. Not sure if it helps, these things are hard to notice, but I wouldn't not take this.

Jury is out

Posted by Reviewer3047867 on Jul 14, 2013

I am still working on another brand of coq10 so not sble to really rate this.

I don't have a title

Posted by Reviewer3356282 on Jul 15, 2013

I'm not sure how long you have to take the product before you can tell a difference. I feel pretty much the same with it as I do without it. Maybe I need to try it for another month or two before I decide.