Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Natural Factors, Coenzyme Q10, Enhanced Absorption, 100 mg, 60 Softgels

Reviews 3-star

Good Coenzyme Q10- much needed if you take a statin drug

Posted by NBPT100 on Sep 28, 2013

Co enzyme Q-10 is a substance that is made by your liver. It is used in every cell in your body and required to help produce energy. Any one on a statin drug should supplement with 200-300 mg a day as the statins deplete your levels. There are many of good reviews written here so I will not go too deep and repeat what others have said. You don't have to look hard to find many good summaries about the benefits of CoQ-10. There are many good reasons to supplement with this. The form of Co-Q10 that is the most effective is the Ubiquinol form. This Natural Factors product is the Ubiquinone form which needs to be converted in the body to the Ubiquinol form to be used. Some people have trouble making this conversion and as we age it is believed this process becomes less efficient to some extent in everyone. I believe this is a good product and a great deal when it is on special at I herb. I like that it is does not use Soy as some do. However I recommend taking the Ubiquinol form. It is more expensive by weight but it is reported by some studies to be up to 8 times more absorbable. It is water soluble too while Ubiquinone is not and you must consume so fats when you take it to help it absorb. If you understand this you realize your don't need to take as much Ubiquinol to get the same therapeutic effect and effectively it is not more expensive. I give this 3 stars because it is the Ubiquinone form of CoQ-10 which is not water soluble and much harder to absorb and is not the active form. Go to my home page and see the Ubiquinol form of CoQ-10 I give 5 stars along with my many other value added reviews. If you found this review helpful kindly click the Yes button. Peace and good health.

It's ok but might have GMO soy aka vitamin E!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jan 28, 2013

Doesn't work as well as other CO-Q-10 I've tried to alleviate extremely sore vein pain which hits once in a while, but it's nary impossible to find non-toxic, non-GMO COQ10 these days as they all insist on adding soy oil or soy-based vitamin E! We live in a very toxic world and I hate these concessions to help excruciating symptoms today which might cause even worse symptoms tomorrow (look up Morgellons!) I wish I could give it 5 stars but I've had better. However times have changed and hard to find a decent COQ10 that actually works. It's better than nothing though.

Very important if you are taking statins!

Posted by Reviewer-From-Slovakia on Dec 15, 2014

CoQ10 is a compound that occurs naturally within the cells of the human body. Its main role is to support energy production in our cells and act as an anti-oxidant. As I said, this conditionally essential nutrient is really important if you are taking statins, since these inhibit CoQ10 production in the body, and/or if you have inherited mitochondrial disease, but you might also give it a shot if you are suffering from one of the following: Periodontal disease; Heart problems; Fibromyalgia; Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; Migraines; Depression; Hypertension; Huntington’s disease; Parkinson’s disease..and possibly much more, since as an anti-oxidant, it has potential to be helpful in every disease where oxidative stress is increased. There is much more research that has to be done on some of the mentioned health ailments though. As we get older, we are becoming less effective in converting CoQ10 from this form, ubiquinone, to reduced and active form, ubiquinol, so if you are 50+, consider taking active form of CoQ10. I bought this product on iHerb for a special trial price, actual price is too high for non-Kaneka CoQ10, so I would suggest you to check out other, more cost-effective brands for this product on this site.

Good price

Posted by Reviewer2758552 on Nov 25, 2009

Price is good, hard to measure efficacy for a CoQ10.

CO-Q10

Posted by Reviewer2963803 on Dec 31, 2010

This product is good, I usually use another brand in the 150mg., but you were out of stock. SJT Tex