Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Eating simple carbohydrates spikes my blood sugar, gives me headache and energy roller coaster. Since it is easily digested, I get hungry again fast (normally 3 hours) and need to seek food again. It makes weight loss problematic. I live in an environment where eating simple carbohydrates are sometimes unavoidable. Many health books or websites touted PSX as one of the best products for stabilising blood sugar and prolonging food satiety. There are also a couple of studies showing that PSX works. In short, it works. I can last easily till the next meal (6-7 hours time gap) without the energy spike or craving to grab some quick snacks. I also lost some weight in the meantime. However, it requires substantial number of softgels in order to work. The supplement facts can be somewhat misleading too since it shows 2 softgels and 120 servings. The recommended dosage is 3-6 softgels per meal which translate to 80 to just 40 servings. Divide that by 2-3 meals daily and you find that one bottle might not last too long. Since this product is patented, it is very expensive as well. From my personal experience, 3 are enough for some noticeable effects while 4 is the right amount for me. The softgel is made of gelatin (not for vegan), same size as standard fish oil softgels and not hard to swallow. For me, I find that it’s not very cost effective. Though the product contains fiber, it does not really help with the bowels imo. The best way is to still cut down or control on unhealthy simple carbohydrates since it is devoid of nutrients, spikes blood sugar and fattening. If you can afford, this is probably the best blood sugar stabilising product. Check out my page for more reviews!

so far, so good

Posted by Reviewer2522753 on Apr 30, 2010

It helps cut my hunger pangs. Right now I only take 2 or 3 softgels per meal. No bad sign effects. No gas, no bloating, nothing bad.

Like it!

Posted by Reviewer2492184 on Jun 22, 2010

It stops you from craving food in between meals. Good product!

good product

Posted by Reviewer2959945 on Oct 18, 2010

very good product good at keeping blood sugar down

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2805184 on May 25, 2011

2 with each meal and a healthy amt of water and i can measure the results of my blood sugar and i can see and feel the difference. one needs to be consistant in taking the 2 per meal to get results. i also exercise and watch other aspects of my diet

Great

Posted by Reviewer2175307 on Jun 15, 2011

It makes me feel full.

PGX

Posted by Reviewer2586309 on Aug 25, 2011

the severe bloating I had was hard to get pass especially when your out and about.

so far so good

Posted by Reviewer2199449 on Dec 12, 2011

It doesn't seem like reducing my appetite but it makes me feel full in a short time.

Helps curb appetite!

Posted by Reviewer2220373 on Dec 23, 2011

I have only taken this product a couple weeks, but it works as far as helping curb my appetite and making me feel full. I did not experience any adverse GI side effects as it says it may, though I was already eating a good bit of fiber daily. I like that it doesn't have a stimulant effect. I am interested to see if it helps with weight loss and cholesterol improvements over time, but so far so good!

i feel so good.

Posted by Reviewer3164649 on Feb 12, 2012

i used a lot of other pills. when i take it i feel so full.i think it works for my weight.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »