• PharmaGABA uses GABA exclusively manufactured by Pharma Foods International, Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

Not for me!

Posted by Reviewer2025536 on Feb 16, 2009

I realize that I have a very sensitive sleep cycle not to mention a sensitive stomach as well. I already knew that xylitol causes me to have intestinal distress but I was hoping this product would contain only a small amount. NOT! I experienced terrible abdominal pain and this did absolutely nothing to help me to relax or sleep better. Still on the search for something to help me sleep better. Love iHerb with their prompt shipping and great packaging, just not this product.

Terrible headaches

Posted by Reviewer2321253 on Feb 25, 2010

I bought this because of the great reviews. I already was taking GABA (different brand) with no side effects. PharmaGaba gave me terrible headaches to the point I needed prescription pain meds. As soon as I stopped using it a few days later, the headaches went away.

Didn't work for me & too much sugar

Posted by 4772288626025180626 on Oct 09, 2013

I was really excited to try this product, particularly after reading the good reviews and also because I'm tapering off prescription medication. However I really didnt notice much from these and whats really disappointing is the amount of sugar per tablet. Taking the recommended dose of up to 6 tabs per day is a huge amount of sugar. I prefer to spend my sugar intake on a nice dessert or some chocolate, not something like this. Finally I will say I believe different things work for different people based on genetics and blood type etc, so I'm glad to hear this works for some.

not what I hoped

Posted by Reviewer3022675 on May 16, 2011

Sugar in the ingredients, no effect noticed

Didn't work for me.

Posted by Reviewer2072621 on Jul 12, 2011

Took two, then four, then another four tabs, felt nothing.

does not work for me

Posted by Reviewer1390685 on Nov 05, 2012

When i take this, I feel tired. I will not use the rest in the bottle.

Glorified Candy

Posted by Reviewer2014037 on Apr 21, 2013

I was hoping this product would help with anxiety, especially as it relates to my ability to fall & stay asleep. So far the only effect I can discern is that it is composed of cane sugar. In my experience, this product does absolutely nothing for inducing any kind of relaxation or calm mental state. My initial thought on this product was that perhaps Natural Factors was able to formulate a version of GABA that is able to cross the blood brain barrier, but alas I no longer believe this to be the case. If you're looking for a high-priced, ineffective and literal sugar-pill, then this product is definitely for you.

No effects

Posted by Reviewer2667990 on Mar 19, 2009

I didn't notice any relaxation whatsoever. Not even when I took a double dose.

Did nothing for me

Posted by Reviewer1518001 on Jul 09, 2008

Oh well...

Natural Factors, PharaGaba

Posted by Reviewer2983669 on Dec 27, 2008

This didn't work for me. Just because they say it's "natural" doesn't mean it is crossing the blood barrier in the brain which is the problem with Gaba. I would be interested to know if there were any clinical trials done with this product.