Natural Factors, WellBetX PGX, Plus Mulberry, 180 Veggie Caps

WellBetXPGX Fiber

Posted by Reviewer1936114 on Nov 28, 2007

This is a great product! It is my first time ordering and I am very satisfied with it. I will re-order.

WellBetX

Posted by Reviewer2611102 on Nov 04, 2008

Great product, really suppreses the appetite. Easy to use and as effective as anything I have ever tried.

Metabolism

Posted by Reviewer1716061 on Feb 21, 2009

I have noticed a difference in improvement of my energy levels since starting PGX, now growing more widely known

Best Diet Product I have used.

Posted by Reviewer2139568 on Jun 17, 2009

Allows me to go long period of time between meals without snacks or cravings. Definitely balances blood sugar swings for me. Works quickly.

A Carb-Blocking Soluble Fiber

Posted by Reviewer1558005 on Jan 17, 2014

This product is made from a plant called JU LUO in Chinese. In Taiwan and Japan, they use the fiber from this plant to make carb-free noodles and gummy-bear like snacks (without the sugar). It works fairly well, though it may cause some GI problems. Like any fiber supplements, start slowly. It is thought that the active ingredient not only fills you up with soluble fiber, it also encapsulates carbs and prevents their digestion. I definitely save them for my biggest meal of the day, for who knows what other nutrients it might also encapsulate. I carry them with me in case I find myself at a buffet or some other place or event that I might pig out or otherwise break my low-carb diet. I have a problem with impulse control, so the idea of wrapping up the carbs and preventing their digestion is appealing to me. Additional information. For filling up faster, some oil (I use flax, fish, and black seed supplements) or nuts 30 minutes before your meal is a good idea. You may fill full faster, because the oil gets the stomach-mind biofeedback loop working real time. For balance, you may also want use these PGX products(soluble fiber) with a couple of psyllium husk (insoluble fiber) caps 5 minutes before your meal. Both are good for you in different ways. For additional sugar control, you might want to try an Alpha Lipoic Acid (I use Jarrow Fomulas Alpha Lipoic Sustain). I'm not diabetic, but I don't like the post-carb crashes. I would give this product 3.5 stars for myself because I don't find them helpful with impulse control and sugar craving personally. As an emotional eater, they do NOT override these emotion-based cravings. I think that that aspect of the product is overrated. However,I do use them or similar products (white bean powder) often, because living in modern society where processing a rampant and fiber hard to find, I think a little more fiber here and there is important.