Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Naturally Vitamins, Histame, Food Intolerance Support, 30 Capsules (Discontinued Item)

A Godsend

Posted by Reviewer1625817 on Sep 06, 2009

Over the past few years I began to develop food allergies. Originally I reacted only to beer and wine, though quite severely (angioedema). Recently however, an allergist gave me a large panel of tests for inhalants that sent me into anaphylaxis. After that almost every food did the same. The only way I could eat at all was by following the strictest diet suggested by the International Chronic Urticaria Society. Even then eating was like walking through a mine field and I never knew which food was going to send me to the E. R. Now, however, with Histame, I can eat normally without reaction unless I eat too many histamine rich foods at once. Even then, with a little planning and 2 or 3 capsules I can compensate. I still keep my Atarax and Epipen handy, but I now eat without fear and life is returning to normal.

didn't work for me

Posted by Reviewer1602733 on Jun 20, 2009

I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and frequent migraine headaches which are often triggered by food intolerance, but this product for some reason exacerbated my headaches and abdominal issues, rather than helping them.

Histame works for me!

Posted by Reviewer3114006 on Jul 15, 2009

I have taken Histame to alleviate the headaches and problems caused by drinking red wine and the after effects of eating Chinese food. I have been taking them as required for 3 weeks and it seems to be working for me as I have had no problems.

Posted by Reviewer2661335 on May 22, 2010

Highly recommended for people with ulcerative colitis, crohn's disease, urticaria, or similar conditions where high histamine levels are causing damage. (The urticaria anti-histamine diet mentioned by another poster is also very helpful). To ensure maximum efficacy, I always take one pill within 5-15 minutes of most meals. I chew a small piece of fresh ginger (or take a ginger pill), and I don't drink too much water to avoid diluting gastric acids. For an even better effect, take a teaspoon of psyllium fiber with water, at least 20 minutes before big meals. This will coat bowels and reduce gut permeability.

Life Saver

Posted by Reviewer1992087 on Jun 11, 2010

This product literally saves me if I have alcohol. I think I may have a sensitivity or allergy to alcohol, but if I take 1 of these within 15 min of my first drink, I don't suffer near as much from drinking. I have had less dramatic results when I've tried this on lactose or junk food. Thus, I think the difference is this product is for a true allergy or sensitivity. For "bad" foods, I prefer a digestive enzyme beforehand.