New To iHerb?

Nature's Answer, Damiana, Leaf, Alcohol-Free Extract (1:1), 1 fl oz (30 ml)

Best day in a year

Posted by thesmellofsand on Aug 23, 2013

To clarify: I'm a male, 18 of age. I don't take this for its reputed aphrodisiac properties, rather for anxiolysis. I'm very tired now because I had a long (but amazing) day, so I'll have to expand another time. However, I've been with high anxiety for over a year now, along with depression, depersonalization, derealization, to name a few. I took 2 ml 1 hour apart, and my day went from frustrating, to tolerable, to insightful and enjoyable. I've tried perhaps 50+ different anxiolytics (pharmaceuticals included), yet so far nothing has worked as well as Damiana. I actually had a good day, despite many otherwise frustrating situations and people. My first good day in a year. I'd take Damiana over benzo's anyday, and with gratitude too! However I've yet to see whether this is a sustainable, safe, etc. aid, so I'll try not to become overexcited. The effects were very noticeable, nothing short of profound, and just.. I felt normal. However now that I'm tired, and its mostly worked out, I'm just sort of zoned out as usual. I'll have to try this some more to be certain, but my initial experience was inexplicably amazing! I love Damiana.

I love this stuff!

Posted by Reviewer3308690 on Mar 27, 2009

This is a product that I am going to continue for a very long time. I got it to help with sexual side effects that I have from an allopathic medication. I have noticed that I am much more relaxed after taking it. I have also noticed a lessening of vaginal dryness.

My doctor recommended this!

Posted by Reviewer2387582 on Jun 03, 2011

I use Damiana in liquid and capsule form almost on a daily basis. My OB/Gynecologist recommended it as a libido enhancer as I am in menopause. I find it is more of a stimulant, anti-anxiety aid and a bit of an appetite supressant. My doctor is one who was trained in traditional methods but sees the good in other healing approaches. I have fibromyalgia and I think it is definitely going to be in my arsenal of helpful aids for a long time especially because it helps with fatigue and mood enhancement.