Hit or miss

Posted by Reviewer1732519 on Jan 27, 2011

My wife noticed a throat ache and took this right away, and got better the next day. My daughter possibly had the same thing, but did not take Sambucus until fever has set in, and was not effective.

Taste Not as Fresh

Posted by Reviewer1342706 on Feb 24, 2011

I previously tried another brand available at iherb and liked the taste - it is like fresh, sweet juice. This product's taste is not as pleasant. Also, I am not sure this brand is processed at low temperatures as the other brand. However, this one is processed as a pharmaceutically licensed facility, so that is a plus. Maybe this works as well.

Nice taste

Posted by buildingupmoms on Mar 12, 2013

Came well recommended but didn't notice any difference from using just Vit C.

Warning! Can be toxic for small children!

Posted by reader on Jul 31, 2014

We've been buying and using this syrup for sometime for the whole family, including my 3 year old son. A week ago, my son drunk a few tablespoons of this syrup while my husband left him unattended in the kitchen. When I got home,my son suddenly started crying from a terrible headache, then vomited repeatedly and become pale, sleepy and weak. We rushed him to ER. By the time we got there he vomited everything that he swallowed earlier and felt better. Thank God! I am writing this to warn other parents: please watch the dosage and do not leave this accessible to small children! Also elderberries can be toxic when uncooked. My son has a lot of food allergies as well. None of us ever reacted to this product before when we took it as suggested. It seemed to help with colds and flu.

taste a bit spicy

Posted by 5552755570933766035 on Jan 15, 2017

my son keep saying it tastes a bit spicy

I Use as a Supplement

Posted by 5221984198721757614 on Nov 03, 2013

I've been using this over the Years,i recently purchased this product and will be more consisted using this going into flu season.I like it,it helps Minimize cold and flu Season.

Bitter Extract

Posted by Reviewer2683457 on Jul 02, 2009

I personally prefer some of the sweeter versions of Black Elderberry that I've purchased from Iherb. I ended up puchasing this brand because I couldn't find the one I usually get. To be fair this Elder Berry Extract does have a very rich flavor and doesn't taste watered down. After using it for less than a week I did start to feel my cold symptoms subside. So overall good results just not crazy about the taste.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1364209 on Jul 25, 2010

Just what I wanted. In NZ we are able to get the strenght which I would have wanted but it did the trick

sambucus

Posted by Reviewer2681605 on Dec 20, 2010

need to give it more time to work, only 1 week of use

blood pressure decrease

Posted by Reviewer2288109 on Jan 02, 2012

Have noticed a drop in blood pressure lately - maybe a coincidence or perhaps this extract helps that way. Does increase bowel movements though! Intend taking it for a while to see if it really does help BP. haven't noticed any improvement with chronic sinusitis though.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »