Warning! Can be toxic for small children!

Posted by reader on Jul 31, 2014

We've been buying and using this syrup for sometime for the whole family, including my 3 year old son. A week ago, my son drunk a few tablespoons of this syrup while my husband left him unattended in the kitchen. When I got home,my son suddenly started crying from a terrible headache, then vomited repeatedly and become pale, sleepy and weak. We rushed him to ER. By the time we got there he vomited everything that he swallowed earlier and felt better. Thank God! I am writing this to warn other parents: please watch the dosage and do not leave this accessible to small children! Also elderberries can be toxic when uncooked. My son has a lot of food allergies as well. None of us ever reacted to this product before when we took it as suggested. It seemed to help with colds and flu.

I Use as a Supplement

Posted by 5221984198721757614 on Nov 03, 2013

I've been using this over the Years,i recently purchased this product and will be more consisted using this going into flu season.I like it,it helps Minimize cold and flu Season.

Nice taste

Posted by SereneInSingapore on Mar 12, 2013

Came well recommended but didn't notice any difference from using just Vit C.

Messy

Posted by Reviewer2607044 on Jan 20, 2012

First of all the bottle design is awful. This is VERY messy and can not be used without it running down the sides of the bottle. Please re-design the bottle. About the product - It does not taste good at all. It is tolerable added to another liquid. I used this along with Echinacea/Goldenseal root extract for two full days when I became sick. I noticed a big difference after the second full day of use. Do not know if this helped or the Echinacea helped or both. Probably would not buy again because it is too messy to use.

blood pressure decrease

Posted by Reviewer2288109 on Jan 02, 2012

Have noticed a drop in blood pressure lately - maybe a coincidence or perhaps this extract helps that way. Does increase bowel movements though! Intend taking it for a while to see if it really does help BP. haven't noticed any improvement with chronic sinusitis though.

Fair

Posted by Reviewer1162656 on Nov 04, 2011

I think it helps boost my immune system. Not 100% sold on it at this time.

ok

Posted by Reviewer2880237 on Aug 20, 2011

my hubby say it dun taste yucky

good

Posted by Reviewer2954788 on Jun 06, 2011

good

Taste Not as Fresh

Posted by Reviewer1342706 on Feb 24, 2011

I previously tried another brand available at iherb and liked the taste - it is like fresh, sweet juice. This product's taste is not as pleasant. Also, I am not sure this brand is processed at low temperatures as the other brand. However, this one is processed as a pharmaceutically licensed facility, so that is a plus. Maybe this works as well.

Hit or miss

Posted by Reviewer1732519 on Jan 27, 2011

My wife noticed a throat ache and took this right away, and got better the next day. My daughter possibly had the same thing, but did not take Sambucus until fever has set in, and was not effective.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »