great brand of elderberry

Posted by Reviewer3139563 on Jul 27, 2009

I've tried the other brand - no results. This one kept us well when bugs went through.

Elder Berry is the best remedy to avoid losing your voice due to Upper Respiratory Infection (URI)

Posted by Reviewer2944616 on Mar 23, 2014

In my experience, Elder Berry is the best remedy to avoid losing my voice, when I get an URI, like a cold with a nasty sore throat, etc. Btw, it also helps to minimize sore throat pain, if start using early. I used to buy the herb itself (Elder Berry flowers) in a local store, but it closed recently, so I found this Sambucus, and am very happy with it! There's no added sugar or anything else in this brand, so I prefer this one over the others. I now keep 3-4 bottles of this in my fridge as a back up, as I was susceptible to URIs in the last couple of years. That said, I have changed my lifestyle to a healthier one (sleep at the right times, work out regularly, take immune system boosting supplements, such as this one, etc.) and in the last year I haven't gotten sick! My point is that there's more to this than just one supplement. It's a life style. But this product is one of my supplement staples now!

Wonderful Product

Posted by Reviewer2733218 on Dec 06, 2009

I originally purchased this for my smallest as he has eczema and I wanted this to help boost his immune system--The day I received this my oldest came down with something nasty and being the natural parents we are we feed him this and his symptoms for a cough were gone in 1 day!! This helped his immune system Greatly--Love This Product!!!

Best thing for the flu, bar none!

Posted by Reviewer2786187 on Oct 02, 2010

You can get your flu shots if you want. And good luck! But from many years of experience, I know black elderberry extract works. In our family we don't even worry about the flu as long as we have it on hand. It also cured my son of mononucleosis in a day and a half after a trip to the emergency room showed he had it through blood tests. That's a viral disease that usually takes two to three weeks, and sometimes much longer, to get over. I believe Nature's Answer is the best. Also on the plus side, this brand has no added sugar and tastes great. And, unlike drugs, it has no negative side effects.

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer3319582 on May 26, 2010

I switched to this brand after seeing what Nature's Way did when it reformulated its Sambucus (aka Sambucol) product--they added artificial flavoring and a harmful preservative. I see that Nature's Way has reformulated again w/o that stuff but shame on them for being so sneaky and cheap in their initial reformulation. I accidentally bought several bottles w/o realizing what they had done. So I've converted to Nature's Answer Sambucus based on principles and what I think is a far superior, higher concentrated product.

Love this stuff

Posted by Reviewer3216151 on Apr 26, 2010

This is the only Black Elderberry extract I've ever found without a bunch of other (in my opinion, completely unnecessary) ingredients. Simple, high quality, good tasting.

Effective Viral control

Posted by Reviewer1328004 on Jun 11, 2011

A friend suggested they had heard Black Elder Berry Extract was effective against viral infections and was safe for any age. Armed with this information and a desire to fight against swine flu, prevalent at the time where I live, I began a search to find a quality product of Black Elder Berry Extract at a reasonable price to determine if what I had heard was true. My search uncovered iHerb.com and Nature's Answer, Sambucus (nigra) Black Elder Berry Extract. My family and friends quickly learned what I had been told was true. Those who used this product as recommended affectively fought off all viral infections within about three days or never became ill.

Based on reviews

Posted by Reviewer1245605 on Nov 24, 2009

I chose this elderberry extract. I can testify it really does work in boosting the immune system. At first sign of weakness (coughing, tired, etc) I take a tsp. in a little water 1 to 3 times a day and feel an immediate change. Will continue to keep this on hand.

Essential

Posted by Reviewer2128490 on Jan 31, 2011

Keep it on hand and in the fridge. A product I have used for over a decade. Every winter the Sambucol or Sambucol sub (this one) comes out as soon as colds or flus show any symptoms. If you hit the symptoms with this early and steady as the bottle directs you will find your cold and flu season to be far less difficult. I also use it for general body aches and pains and weakness occasionally and it is good for that in aging persons. Can be used safely with children and nursing/pg. mothers despite the warning label. It helped my very pg DIL recover overnight from a puking flu in less than 24 hours that really knocked her down fast.

Very good for colds

Posted by Reviewer1770299 on Dec 20, 2007

I started using Black Elder Berry Extract for the first time when I was just getting a cold. It worked wonders. Everyone at work was sick for weeks and I was back to work on the 3rd day with little or no symptoms left. I'd definitely take this again and recommend it to friends and family.