Highly recommended for anti-viral support

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Aug 15, 2012

I don't use Nature's Answer Sambucus (nigra) Black Elderberry extract any longer, as I have to watch all forms of sugar in my diet. Vegetable glycerine and the elderberry fruit are the only sweeteners here, not added white sugar. The taste is great, not sugary-sweet like some of the other popular brands. I will always recommend this product to others. I experienced much anti-viral benefit when I used it, and didn't have the number of sick days my coworkers experienced during flu season.

Very good for colds

Posted by Reviewer1770299 on Dec 20, 2007

I started using Black Elder Berry Extract for the first time when I was just getting a cold. It worked wonders. Everyone at work was sick for weeks and I was back to work on the 3rd day with little or no symptoms left. I'd definitely take this again and recommend it to friends and family.

Wonderful Product

Posted by Reviewer2733218 on Dec 06, 2009

I originally purchased this for my smallest as he has eczema and I wanted this to help boost his immune system--The day I received this my oldest came down with something nasty and being the natural parents we are we feed him this and his symptoms for a cough were gone in 1 day!! This helped his immune system Greatly--Love This Product!!!

Essential

Posted by Reviewer2128490 on Jan 31, 2011

Keep it on hand and in the fridge. A product I have used for over a decade. Every winter the Sambucol or Sambucol sub (this one) comes out as soon as colds or flus show any symptoms. If you hit the symptoms with this early and steady as the bottle directs you will find your cold and flu season to be far less difficult. I also use it for general body aches and pains and weakness occasionally and it is good for that in aging persons. Can be used safely with children and nursing/pg. mothers despite the warning label. It helped my very pg DIL recover overnight from a puking flu in less than 24 hours that really knocked her down fast.

The absolute best and best price!

Posted by Reviewer1547993 on Jan 11, 2011

I love this elderberry particularly---has no sugar, and the price at iHerb is the greatest. This still helps me prevent colds and I'm pretty sure it shortens their lifespan.

First line of defense

Posted by Reviewer1991495 on Feb 22, 2011

We've been using elderberry to keep our family and pets healthy for years. We take it as the first sniffle, and never get colds. We take a small dose before getting on a plane, never catch a thing. Elderberry is a proven antiviral, and along with grapefruit seed extract (a powerful antimicrobial) belongs in everyone's medicine chest. The Nature's Answer extract is much stronger than the syrup and goes a lot farther. Still delicious enough for the kids to take it without complaint!

Best thing for the flu, bar none!

Posted by Reviewer2786187 on Oct 02, 2010

You can get your flu shots if you want. And good luck! But from many years of experience, I know black elderberry extract works. In our family we don't even worry about the flu as long as we have it on hand. It also cured my son of mononucleosis in a day and a half after a trip to the emergency room showed he had it through blood tests. That's a viral disease that usually takes two to three weeks, and sometimes much longer, to get over. I believe Nature's Answer is the best. Also on the plus side, this brand has no added sugar and tastes great. And, unlike drugs, it has no negative side effects.

Most excellent

Posted by Reviewer1519597 on Dec 07, 2010

This is a fantastic product! Elderberry extract strengthens your immune system, helping to fight of colds and other illnesses. This brand is highly concentrated and tastes great. Also recommended is the Gaia brand of elderberry extract.

better than expected!

Posted by Reviewer2514138 on May 14, 2010

Love this! Pure, simple, no added anything. Exactly what I wanted. Does not come with a dropper, which was a mild disappointment, but I had a sterile extra container with dropper so I'll just refill as needed. We use this in our home in conjunction with local royal jelly and honey to help calm our seasonal allergies.

great product

Posted by Reviewer3252107 on Jan 01, 2010

Really works to keep the flu and colds at bay.