Hit or miss

Posted by Reviewer1732519 on Jan 27, 2011

My wife noticed a throat ache and took this right away, and got better the next day. My daughter possibly had the same thing, but did not take Sambucus until fever has set in, and was not effective.

Taste Not as Fresh

Posted by Reviewer1342706 on Feb 24, 2011

I previously tried another brand available at iherb and liked the taste - it is like fresh, sweet juice. This product's taste is not as pleasant. Also, I am not sure this brand is processed at low temperatures as the other brand. However, this one is processed as a pharmaceutically licensed facility, so that is a plus. Maybe this works as well.

Nice taste

Posted by buildingupmoms on Mar 12, 2013

Came well recommended but didn't notice any difference from using just Vit C.

Warning! Can be toxic for small children!

Posted by reader on Jul 31, 2014

We've been buying and using this syrup for sometime for the whole family, including my 3 year old son. A week ago, my son drunk a few tablespoons of this syrup while my husband left him unattended in the kitchen. When I got home,my son suddenly started crying from a terrible headache, then vomited repeatedly and become pale, sleepy and weak. We rushed him to ER. By the time we got there he vomited everything that he swallowed earlier and felt better. Thank God! I am writing this to warn other parents: please watch the dosage and do not leave this accessible to small children! Also elderberries can be toxic when uncooked. My son has a lot of food allergies as well. None of us ever reacted to this product before when we took it as suggested. It seemed to help with colds and flu.

Great taste but did not help

Posted by Reviewer1729244 on May 08, 2011

I was down with sore throat n cold, so started taking this consistently n faithfully for the 2 wks. I did not feel better n came down with sinus infection.

I didin't work for me

Posted by Jeanne1974 on May 06, 2014

I tried it when starting to get a cold and right through the whole sickness, and each time, nothing.

Haven't this tried yet

Posted by Reviewer2506090 on Dec 30, 2007

I just ordered this item and still have a supply of Sambucol which I have used for a long time...will let you know when I've had more experience with Sambucus.

Rating

Posted by Reviewer3085463 on Oct 17, 2008

Trying this for the first time. Great, though I needed to get accustomed to the taste that's a little different from the "Nature's Way" brand. Like this because it has no sugar or sugar substitutes. Ordered 3, and was happy I did!

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2685655 on Nov 22, 2008

tried and true

Fast shipping, well packaged

Posted by Reviewer3252680 on Jan 09, 2009

Thanks for a superb job of shipping! This liquid is fairly thick and very good-tasting. It seems denser than Nature's Way's Sambucus and the recommendation "serving size" is half of the volume.