Very drying

Posted by Reviewer2095042 on Dec 15, 2011

I've been using this shampoo for about two weeks, and maybe I need to give it more time, but it hasn't done anything so far for my dry, itchy scalp. And after I rinse the shampoo out, my hair feels like straw (I didn't have this problem with the shampoo I'd been using previously), so I worry there is something rather harsh in there.

won't buy again

Posted by Reviewer2069639 on Aug 17, 2014

Smell is nice, texture is good, good foaming BUT makes hair very dry and felt. doesn't help even hair mask. My scalp is oily, but this shampoo not suitable for longer hairs.

Doesn't do it

Posted by Reviewer2398343 on Sep 22, 2014

Tea tree is supposed to have a calming and cooling effect on my scalp. Sadly this doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

Query Sent to Nature's Gate Regarding Polysorbate 20 Ingredient

Posted by Reviewer1548715 on Feb 20, 2015

Five days ago I sent the following email to Nature's Gate: "I have read several troubling statements about polysorbate 20 and it possibly being contaminated with a by-product called 1,4-dioxane, a known carcinogen. Since polysorbate 20 is listed as an ingredient in this shampoo, I am concerned about using it. Can you please clarify? P.S. I would appreciate an explanation or clarification being in the form of an email, not a phone call." >>>Five days later they have yet to reply to my request for written info.

Not calming at all

Posted by 5626039858267157626 on Apr 11, 2015

Organix South Neem Shampoo Scalp Therapy is way better than this, does calm my itchy scalp.

Drying and causes my scalp to itch

Posted by 5737409576055755877 on Jun 07, 2016

First time I tried it, I couldn't stop scratching the back of head. Gave me more tries and still felt the same way. Won't continue.

shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1023387 on Sep 21, 2008

The shampoo was actually sent to me as a leaky bottle. This was my first time ordering with iherb.com.