What a difference no fillers makes! It's hypoallergenic

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 21, 2014

I read somewhere that a diet low in lysine may also result in low taurine (though the mechanism/why was not understood) - certainly seems to have proven true for me. I seem to benefit more overall supplementing taurine though a bit of extra lysine appears to be good for hair growth/thickness. Having tried caps/tabs I'll always get pure powders where possible - the stearates/most fillers in caps/tabs always cause me to wheeze, regardless of product/brand. This is a good price - product is true to label and I like the container which allows easy access to the contents (unlike some with narrow bottles/openings). Product arrived with seal in tact though I suspect customs had checked it because lid was loose and seal looked like someone had poked it (same for another powder I got in same order). Not sure re bad taste that another reviewer noted - not an issue for me. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

To balance high arginine intake

Posted by Gondwanaland00 on Oct 28, 2014

This is great to have at hand to balance high arginine intake. It also is a biotin precursor and helps to clear excess ammonia. It can be used topically for cold sores as well. Best effect when taken on its own between (a few hours apart) meals.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1004869 on Aug 22, 2013

I've tried a few brands, but this one dissolves best in water. The wide mouth of the container makes use easy.

Lysine for animal rescues

Posted by 5748398956041145935 on Jun 18, 2015

Lysine can be a life saver for cats and kittens infected with 'cat flu and can also be used as a preventative for cats and kittens in times of stress, particularly coming from pounds, as Lysine boosts their immune systems. This product is a natural, unflavoured powder, perfect for sprinkling on their food, or added to drinking water. Brilliant product, brilliant price, brilliant company. You couldn't ask for more!!

good powder for vegans

Posted by morganwellinger on Nov 30, 2013

vegans tend to lack l-lysine in their diets (along with cats) so i wanted to get a good supplement. this seems to do the trick!! the taste is pretty wicked though, but still awesome product for the price!

Excellent quality

Posted by Reviewer1148576 on Feb 29, 2012

Pure and pleasant tasting. Will buy again.

good for cats

Posted by Reviewer1878537 on Jun 28, 2011

very good for my shelter cat who had a cold. Now he is feeling much better thanks to L-lysine and vitamins.

Great

Posted by CindyW on Jun 26, 2013

I bought this specifically to help my cats who developed conjunctivitis. I only had to use it a couple of times before seeing some great results. The swelling in their eyes went down overnight and they had fewer tears and goop. It's also beneficial to humans in relieving inflammation so I may start using it soon.

Great for viral infections in cats

Posted by Reviewer2552630 on Jan 03, 2014

My vet recommended L-lysine for the cats/kittens I was rescuing from a feral colony. Many of them had viral infections that caused eye and upper respiratory issues. I can add this powder to their dry or canned food. It does seem to help boost their immune systems and help keep the viral stuff under control.

Not up to the stars

Posted by 5629135361106201299 on Nov 07, 2015

I was taking 21st century L-lysine for my mouth ulcers and they worked well.. But I thought I'd give this powder a try since it had pretty good reviews. Sadly it didn't do anything about the ulcers after a week.... So I went out and bought another bottle of 21st century and too 2 tabs last night and the ulcer on my tongue has subsided by a lot! I'll still continue to take the powder for preventive measure.... Hope they at least help in that aspect! :)

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »