Nature's Life, Taurine Powder, Unflavored, 335 g

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

What a difference no fillers makes! It's hypoallergenic

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 21, 2014

Most things with fillers make me wheeze - I tried different brands of taurine caps (Solgar, Source Naturals), different doses, removed contents from caps - made no difference. I don't know what 'vege' source manufacturers use for stearates etc, but anything with stearic anything makes me wheeze - it's really annoying! I tried this, and voila! NO WHEEZE. So it's either great (or completely useless, and that's why I don't wheeze - however, I'm going with the former, due to noticeable, beneficial physiological effects - not placebo). I've read (and found) that nuts and seeds are potent sulfur/taurine antagonists - anything high in B15, e.g. brown rice. This can lead to allergies (MCS), reduced insulin, issues with hair/skin/nails (including dandruff). It can also compromise selenium status (they are synergists), which can have flow on effects (e.g. low vit D - synergistic with selenium). I've also read of other nutrients that interfere with taurine synthesis - e.g. B5. Anyway - this powder is fantastic. Good value for money, and (small thing) - I like the container for it's easy access to the contents. I don't take a lot - one eighth of a teaspoon at a time - because megadosing means having to megadose other things and I'd rather not get stuck in the supplement trap. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Good and cheap

Posted by Reviewer2125795 on Jun 04, 2012

This is by far the best value-for-money taurine I've ever bought. I'm not using it myself, but mixing it in my cat's food. I have 4 cats, but I still think it's gonna last a very long time.

Decent Price/Quantity

Posted by Reviewer2110492 on Sep 16, 2011

I bought this to deal with a weak heart and anxiety especially when using caffeine. It seems to work ok for both, and the price is better than other brands.

Neutral powder

Posted by fitnesscorner on Feb 27, 2012

Mixes easy

Perfect for the kitty!

Posted by 4953541455235788240 on Oct 28, 2013

I use this taurine in the raw diet I make for my cat. Even after only a few weeks of using it I can really see an improvement in his coat and eyes. It is much easier to use than the capsule type taurine. I do wish it came with a 1/4 tsp scoop already inside, but that is not a major inconvenience anyway. I add taurine to the mix before it is frozen, and a little extra every day to make sure it does not degrade in the freezer.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »