Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Nature's Path, Organic, Sunrise Crunchy Maple Cereal, Gluten Free, 10.6 oz (300 g)

Reviews 4-star

Sweet and crunchy breakfast cereal!

Posted by 4710783596495385093 on Oct 29, 2013

Lovely, very crunchy and airy cereal with an amazing and clear taste of maple syrup! Extremely good, and nobody would ever guess that it's gluten free stuff! I'm not recommending it for people who don't like the taste of maple syrup, but for everyone else it's an amazingly tasty and natural breakfast! I'll be ordering again!

A fourth of this is sugars.

Posted by InozarDeBenz on Sep 27, 2014

Unfortunately I have a real measurable problem towards a range of food substances, so unlike many people who have jumped on the trendy gluten free diet by choice, I can't suddenly choose to eat gluten again. For more than twenty years I have had problems finding nice tasting products for my diet. Often the fabricated products for people on a gluten- and dairy free diet are bland, at least in Scandinavia. Therefore I use iHerb and other sources to find alternatives to my diet. So I received this cereal without really knowing what to expect. But after testing it I must say that I really like the taste of this particular cereal. The declared nutrients for many cereals are typically hiding behind 'serving size' instead of using a standard volume for measuring the nutrients. This fools many people to believe that it is less sugars in a cereal than it really is. This cereal is no exception. Because it must be said that it is used more than enough sugars in it. (Btw: "natural maple flavor", does it mean that it is not real maple syrup in this?) In fact, even when it is not refined (white) sugar in this, it nevertheless might be too much sugars in this for some people: More than a fourth (28%) of the carbohydrates are sugars. And since more than 80% of the cereal consists of carbohydrates, it means that approximately a fourth of what you ingest of this cereal is sugars. Although my body has no problems with food rich on glycemics, I still think the content of sugars in this cereal could be less without threatening the good taste. I remove one star because of it.

Yummy

Posted by 5279112126722373932 on Oct 13, 2014

Deep Honey taste. Good to eat as Breakfast.