Wonderful Product.... Absolutely Amazing!

Posted by OrganicReviews99 on Aug 05, 2011

5HTP is great b/c it lifts Serotonin level. Serotonin has many, many functions the most common of which is lifting mood and bringing calmness to ones mental activity. This in turn helps the body produce melatonin which results in better sleep. Better sleep results in the body producing more growth hormone... which in turn helps the body repair muscle tissue. Optimal levels of serotonin are vital for mental AND physical health. It helps with anxiety, depression, muscle repair, fibromyalgia, TMJ, headaches, back pain, etc. All of which have been found to be serotonin issues. Read the book Pain Cure if you need more info. Best of luck!

Mrs. Pat

Posted by Reviewer3106204 on Jan 05, 2008

This is the best 5-HTP I've used. It raises my seratonin level, elevates my mood, and helps me sleep normally. It is an easy to swallow, time release tablet. Excellent.

my husband uses them

Posted by Reviewer1432462 on May 02, 2009

for OCD and depression, no need to SSRI's now.

Read Label Warning if you have IBS, etc.

Posted by Reviewer1969015 on Feb 28, 2011

While 5-htp is touted to help IBS symptoms, its not for everybody with the condition. There is a specific warning on this product's label that cautions those with IBS, Crohn's and colitis to not take it. I have moderate IBS, which has been helped by tryptophan, but definitely not 5-htp. My symptoms became much worse and then there was insomnia and not sleeping well. All this on 25 mg with food. I wish I had read the label more carefully before taking 5-htp.

Amazing! Great to find 50mg!

Posted by notsteveaustin on Oct 31, 2007

I feel so much better ! Great dreams, happier during the day too! I think it must be boosting my serotin. I take one in the morning and one about noon. I'm staying at this low dose. I always think less is better when it comes supplemnts that affect brain chemistry.

LV

Posted by Reviewer2693066 on Aug 29, 2011

well, dont feel any diference in my mood. Litle bit disapointed :(

5-HTP a bust for me

Posted by Reviewer1580983 on Dec 08, 2010

I was really looking forward to trying this but I seem to be one of the folks it just makes sleepy instead of curbing carb cravings. I'll keep using til gone and maybe it'll get better but so far I've got doubts. Jeanne, Colorado

Great relaxer and mood enhancer by Nature's Way!

Posted by GreenWarrior on Oct 17, 2013

Hi there. This 5-HTP by Nature's way has been my go to solution to take off the edge, after a long day at work or a late evening workout. Effective but gentle at the same time. I fully recommend it. As always, start with the minimal recommended dosage. Feel free to click on my user name for more reviews! Health and Peace!

50mg is the best way to start

Posted by Reviewer2021352 on Nov 15, 2010

I started with 100mg per day but it was too much, I was getting tingling thru my body. Then I bought this 50mg and took it every other day for about three weeks. I will now start taking it every day (Monday thru Friday and take one week off a month - as directed) It works great!!

works well

Posted by Reviewer3359754 on Feb 27, 2009

works well, and extra added vitamins make it a good supplement.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »