Deceptive

Posted by 4771196501841825363 on Jul 14, 2013

On the front of the pack it states - "120 grams of powder". On the other side it states - "for 500 mg of Vitamin C take 1 rounded teaspoon daily", "30 servings in a container". Using simple maths we can calculate that in these 120 grams of powder there is only 15 grams of vitamin C, 15 grams of vitamin C for $15? No. thank you! Secondly, I did not witness any changes whatsoever.

Contains a cortisol mimic

Posted by Reviewer1639408 on Dec 08, 2014

I don't know why supplement companies can't stop using fillers in their products. Instead of the usual toxic fillers like stearic acid (sometimes listed as "vegetable lubricant" so we don't know, some companies like this one and pure synergy have switched to manioc root as a filler. This is yucca root, which contains saponins. Saponins mimic cortisol in our body but it is not real cortisol. I couldn't figure out why Alive C was making me agitated and gave me a bad case of the shivers. I know that cortisol places thyroid hormone into the cells, so my thyroid level must have dropped due to the cortisol blocking effects of the manioc root. (?) My gut feeling that it did. I also woke up at 3AM with a bad headache when I took the product at bedtime. I am going to stick with camu camu powder, which iherb also sells, and give up on trying to find a high dose natural C. Madre Labs has great looking product, but sadly has worse fillers than Alive C. Vitamin C is supposed to ease stress by helping the adrenals not stress them, so I know it is probably the manioc root filler that is the cause. This product might not be good for high blood pressure because of the saponins. Do some research before buying.

Nature's Way, Alive, Vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer1206271 on Apr 24, 2008

I am very happy with this product. I was searching for a long time to find a natural source of vitamin c that I could mix into my 5 year old's juice. This mixes well and has a high vitamin c content, plus it's organic. Plus no added toxic fillers like magnesium stearate. The added manioc root is just another name for yucca, a food they eat all over South America. The price is right too!

Vit C

Posted by Reviewer2550937 on Dec 05, 2010

Normally use Madre Labs brand C which is good but I like to alternate with this one which seems just as fine.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Vitamin C is a well known antioxidant that is known to reduce high blood pressure, help protect from the cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, stroke, prevent cancer, kidney stones, boost immune system, helps to detox by binding to heavy metals, pro moting healings in cells, support good bacteria while destroying bad bacteria, protect from environmental toxins, osteoporosis, support collagen in maintaining healthy skin and many others! Vitamin C has over 80 years of research, over thousand studies and a very safe record even if taken at high doses. What is best about this product it consists of natural Vitamin C and its co factors, Natural Vitamin C complex are known to work in synergy with bioactivity up 10-30 times more than isolated Vitamin C! In addition, its co factors like rutin, bioflavonoids come with its set of their own benefits as well! As for the taste, it is bitter and best to mix with sweeter stuff. The product is organic (no pesticides) and easily absorbed which is a plus factor. Check out my page for more reviews!

Consider all the collaterals of buying this product

Posted by Reviewer3142243 on Jan 10, 2015

I gave it two stars just because it was Vitamin C. I like to take a minimal of 2000 mg of Vitamin C per day. That makes this product mega expensive. MEGA Expensive. Nonetheless I tried about 6 cans of it over the last three to four months. Absolutely no noticeable difference from straight "quality" C ascorbics. Argue that if you want, but, consider the following: In the last two months Natures Way Alive Whole Foods has been doing regular television campaigns for their products. With that in mind you need to ask the question - How much of my purchase price is going to the cost of making the television ads and then to the networks for running the ads? Most of your money appears to going up into the air waves. These ad campaigns additionally give me the sense that they are more out for PUSHING the profits approach rather than sticking to the basics of marketing via testimonials on places like iHerb. A television ad certainly does not mean that it is a better product. It ONLY means that more and more of your money is NOT going into the product itself. That in itself demotes the integrity attempt of the product line itself. As for Alive C - I have faithfully tried it and see no benefit to me - only to Natures way. Stick with testimonials that are based on experience; not a week after purchasing. I have been an extensive vitamin/herb/supplement user for 30 years. I owe my health and youthful appearance to them. I'm not an expert but I certainly do have trial and error credentials. Thanks for reading. I believe I have fairly stated facts and truth that can benefit your decision on Vitamin C purchasing.

Just whole food. Nothing else.

Posted by LanceSavoy on Dec 14, 2009

Vitamin C powder from fruit and nothing else. Also certified organic. Much easier for the body to digest than ascorbic acid.

Didn't give me any indigestion like normal vitamin c

Posted by sarahjean on Oct 08, 2009

Normal vitamin c makes me feel ill, even practitioner grade formulas or 'buffered' formulas. This is definitely the easiest way to take vitamin c for those with digestive problems with normal vitamin c.

it doesn't taste good

Posted by Reviewer1981473 on Nov 03, 2010

It's good that it's natural, but It's very hard to take it. My daughters refused. Even with juice the taste is awful.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1819798 on Mar 30, 2009

Like this product very much, all natural and into a glass bottle. As alway's fast shipping from Iherb and very good service :-)