Deceptive

Posted by 4771196501841825363 on Jul 14, 2013

On the front of the pack it states - "120 grams of powder". On the other side it states - "for 500 mg of Vitamin C take 1 rounded teaspoon daily", "30 servings in a container". Using simple maths we can calculate that in these 120 grams of powder there is only 15 grams of vitamin C, 15 grams of vitamin C for $15? No. thank you! Secondly, I did not witness any changes whatsoever.

Contains a cortisol mimic

Posted by Reviewer1639408 on Dec 08, 2014

I don't know why supplement companies can't stop using fillers in their products. Instead of the usual toxic fillers like stearic acid (sometimes listed as "vegetable lubricant" so we don't know, some companies like this one and pure synergy have switched to manioc root as a filler. This is yucca root, which contains saponins. Saponins mimic cortisol in our body but it is not real cortisol. I couldn't figure out why Alive C was making me agitated and gave me a bad case of the shivers. I know that cortisol places thyroid hormone into the cells, so my thyroid level must have dropped due to the cortisol blocking effects of the manioc root. (?) My gut feeling that it did. I also woke up at 3AM with a bad headache when I took the product at bedtime. I am going to stick with camu camu powder, which iherb also sells, and give up on trying to find a high dose natural C. Madre Labs has great looking product, but sadly has worse fillers than Alive C. Vitamin C is supposed to ease stress by helping the adrenals not stress them, so I know it is probably the manioc root filler that is the cause. This product might not be good for high blood pressure because of the saponins. Do some research before buying.

Vit C

Posted by Reviewer2550937 on Dec 05, 2010

Normally use Madre Labs brand C which is good but I like to alternate with this one which seems just as fine.

Nature's Way, Alive, Vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer1206271 on Apr 24, 2008

I am very happy with this product. I was searching for a long time to find a natural source of vitamin c that I could mix into my 5 year old's juice. This mixes well and has a high vitamin c content, plus it's organic. Plus no added toxic fillers like magnesium stearate. The added manioc root is just another name for yucca, a food they eat all over South America. The price is right too!

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Vitamin C is a well known antioxidant that is known to reduce high blood pressure, help protect from the cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, stroke, prevent cancer, kidney stones, boost immune system, helps to detox by binding to heavy metals, pro moting healings in cells, support good bacteria while destroying bad bacteria, protect from environmental toxins, osteoporosis, support collagen in maintaining healthy skin and many others! Vitamin C has over 80 years of research, over thousand studies and a very safe record even if taken at high doses. What is best about this product it consists of natural Vitamin C and its co factors, Natural Vitamin C complex are known to work in synergy with bioactivity up 10-30 times more than isolated Vitamin C! In addition, its co factors like rutin, bioflavonoids come with its set of their own benefits as well! As for the taste, it is bitter and best to mix with sweeter stuff. The product is organic (no pesticides) and easily absorbed which is a plus factor. Check out my page for more reviews!