Beware interactions - inhibits intestinal C-Y-P-3-A-4

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jan 04, 2015

C-Y-P-3-A-4 contributes to bile acid detoxification, the termination of action of steroid hormones, and elimination of phytochemicals in food and the majority of medicines. Bitter orange is known to be similar in effect to grapefruit juice and may therefore interact with numerous substances - natural or synthetic. Women naturally have higher C-Y-P-3-A-4 activity than men. However - if C-Y-P-3-A-4 is already overloaded (e.g. estrogen, multiple chemical sensitivity, salicylates), if you are constipated - then taking bitter orange probably isn't going to be useful or fun. I found this product to be effective - and therefore not fun. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Would rate it higher but...

Posted by Reviewer2859053 on May 28, 2010

Ok, so this is good if what you're trying to get is a relatively inexpensive synephrine product. I don't rate it higher because I am not yet certain what the long term effects may be down the road on my body's system; whether it actually is accelerating my hair loss, overstressing my cardiovascular system which I do 20-30 mins of relatively low intensity cardiovascular exercise each day to use up the synephrine and keep my body in balance. I could write for days the benefits to my exact situation synephrine has provided however for the average person who has not been living life in my shoes I will not extoll those personally particular benefits here.

No fat burner

Posted by Reviewer2005544 on Jun 23, 2011

I haven't noticed any fat burning, but I do notice a good amount of long lasting energy!

strange

Posted by superminta on Mar 31, 2012

use only a half of one tab every day, cause the energy they give is so big. Noticed the difference in my stamina - do exercises and don't become tired. So just take a half. Nothing chanches with my weight, but it;s only one week passed, we'll see

No thermogenic effect

Posted by jasmine on Oct 08, 2012

I wanted to get more thermogenic effect when I workout. However, I didn't notice any changes. RU Не заметила обещанного термогенного эффекта в ходе своих тренировок. Похудения, само собой, тоже. Не особо эффективное средство.

bitter orange

Posted by Reviewer1260408 on Jan 26, 2008

i take them everyday.i still am not sure about the results.too soon to tell.

good

Posted by Reviewer2261953 on Feb 04, 2008

great service

Had to stop taking it

Posted by Reviewer3008215 on Oct 29, 2008

Nice - but had to stop taking it. Made me too wired.