The best St. John's Wort!

Posted by Reviewer3326118 on Mar 23, 2007

I've tried several types of St. John's Wort over the years and Perika is definitely the best. When menopause hit I was battling depression on a regular basis and my doctor suggested I try St. John's wort since I did not want to try prescription drugs. Within a few weeks I felt like my old self again! With Perika, Black Cohash and a glass of soy milk a day I've been able to not just survive peri-menopause but thrive! Thank you Perika and iHerb!

Perika

Posted by Reviewer2866575 on Jun 03, 2009

Does exactly what it says on the tin! After 15 years on prescription medication for depression with very limited success Perika has proved, so far, to be an extremely viable treatment for depression and well worth considering. Depression is in check, no nasty side effects, greatly improved mood and a zest for life and clarity of thought, all in a way which feels completely natural. I just wish I'd tried it sooner! Might not work for everyone, but it certainly is for me, it feels like I've got my life back. I cant recommend this product highly enough-its changed my quality of life for the better! Pharmaceutical grade St. Johns Wort now needs to be given serious consideration by all healthcare professionals wishing to alleviate the suffering of those affected by depression-emerging clinical evidence, and SJW user testimonials are just too compelling for them to ignore products like Perika any longer!

Better results, fewer side-effects

Posted by Reviewer3338641 on May 16, 2007

I've used SJW on and off for many years. Perika gave me better results without the side effects (agitation, nausea) I had with other products. This is the only SJW product I've tried that's also standardized for hyperforin. Hyperforin is said to be very unstable over time--Perika's formula supposedly stabilizes the hyperforin to give it a longer shelf-life. My search for the right antidepressant is over. I hope it works as well for you!

Great product for depression and for OCD

Posted by Reviewer3160007 on Jun 13, 2008

Several of my family use this product for either OCD symptoms or low serotonin levels related to decline in menopause or because their bodies have never made enough of their own and it has caused OCD. This product is great for both declining levels in menopause and for those who have OCD. Two people in my family use it in combination with 5-HTP to totally get rid of their OCD symptoms. I like this product because it was used in the German Commission E studies and also is standardized not only in hypericum but also hyperferium which studies have shown is even more important. Great product at a great price!

Great Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2049649 on Nov 29, 2012

Perika works great for me, but with one big caveat: I started taking the full dose (3 tabs a day) and for about 2 weeks this was great, but then it began to buildup and soon I felt stressed and it 'stopped' working. I then stopped taking it for 36 hours and once again I felt great, so I began again at just one tablet a day. Depending upon your sensitivity to SJW (I felt a small effect after the first dose), you'll need to tailor your dosage. This means that I will need to monitor my condition and adjust accordingly. It appears that in me there is a 'Goldilocks' zone that needs to be met. Too little in my system, and I'm once again depressed, likewise too much and I'm depressed. You may even need to cut your tablets and take a half tab or a tab and a half per day. I read a review here that said the half life of St. John's Wort is 9 hours. Not true, the half life is actually around 26 hours, which means taking just one dose a day, within a 24 hour period, should be fine.

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer1450791 on Jun 04, 2010

I have mild ongoing depression and anxiety more days than not and perika completely gets rid of it with continued use. I found 5-htp before perika and it works good but can't quite reach the same deep level of peace and contentness that perika can. For fastest results i would recommend to combine perika with 5-htp 100-200mg for the first couple weeks then only use 5-htp as desired. One last thing perika has a noticable effect on attention, alertness, and energy levels so it helps with add/adhd and memory.

Highest hyperforin content!

Posted by Reviewer3267106 on Nov 28, 2011

Hyperforin is what you want for the antidepressant and anxiolytic effects. Nature's Way, Perika, St. John's Wort contains the highest level of hyperforin at the moment.

Works

Posted by 5133873906833814430 on Oct 22, 2013

Works a treat for S.A.D. Only side effect I've had is 'lighter' sleep and waking up a couple of times each night. Other than that, its a great anti-depressant.

Life Changing.

Posted by Reviewer3151804 on Nov 30, 2010

I just quit taking lexapro 30 mg while using this product. I am amazed at how well it works.

Definetely works!

Posted by Reviewer2878046 on Oct 18, 2011

I have tried St Johns Wort in extract form and did not realy feel it worked for the depression I have. My depression is pretty bad some days. Then I went on this product. After one week I could feel it kick in. Seriously one of the few suppliments I can truly say works for me. I use at least 2 caps through out the day. Try it...so much better than the drugs.