Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Nature's Way, Perika, St. John's Wort, 60 Tablets

Great Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2049649 on Nov 29, 2012

Perika works great for me, but with one big caveat: I started taking the full dose (3 tabs a day) and for about 2 weeks this was great, but then it began to buildup and soon I felt stressed and it 'stopped' working. I then stopped taking it for 36 hours and once again I felt great, so I began again at just one tablet a day. Depending upon your sensitivity to SJW (I felt a small effect after the first dose), you'll need to tailor your dosage. This means that I will need to monitor my condition and adjust accordingly. It appears that in me there is a 'Goldilocks' zone that needs to be met. Too little in my system, and I'm once again depressed, likewise too much and I'm depressed. You may even need to cut your tablets and take a half tab or a tab and a half per day. I read a review here that said the half life of St. John's Wort is 9 hours. Not true, the half life is actually around 26 hours, which means taking just one dose a day, within a 24 hour period, should be fine.

great stuff

Posted by Reviewer1043431 on Feb 12, 2009

this changed my life i have used it for the last 9 months and notice a big difference when i stop taking it for a while

Highest hyperforin content!

Posted by Reviewer3267106 on Nov 28, 2011

Hyperforin is what you want for the antidepressant and anxiolytic effects. Nature's Way, Perika, St. John's Wort contains the highest level of hyperforin at the moment.

Life Changing.

Posted by Reviewer3151804 on Nov 30, 2010

I just quit taking lexapro 30 mg while using this product. I am amazed at how well it works.

Good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1873913 on Oct 05, 2009

I switched to Perika from Kira after Kira's effectiveness seemed to wane after a few months. I read on a SJW forum its best to try to switch brands and maybe back off your dose a little bit to restore effectiveness. Well, I switched to Perika nd backed down to 2 pills/day from 3/day of Kira and have had really good results. I'm consistently in a better mood and anxiety is way down as well. I feel like I can focus on my life again as opposed to my depression "problem".