Nature's Way, Perika, St. John's Wort, 60 Tablets

Great Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2049649 on Nov 29, 2012

Perika works great for me, but with one big caveat: I started taking the full dose (3 tabs a day) and for about 2 weeks this was great, but then it began to buildup and soon I felt stressed and it 'stopped' working. I then stopped taking it for 36 hours and once again I felt great, so I began again at just one tablet a day. Depending upon your sensitivity to SJW (I felt a small effect after the first dose), you'll need to tailor your dosage. This means that I will need to monitor my condition and adjust accordingly. It appears that in me there is a 'Goldilocks' zone that needs to be met. Too little in my system, and I'm once again depressed, likewise too much and I'm depressed. You may even need to cut your tablets and take a half tab or a tab and a half per day. I read a review here that said the half life of St. John's Wort is 9 hours. Not true, the half life is actually around 26 hours, which means taking just one dose a day, within a 24 hour period, should be fine.

great stuff

Posted by Reviewer1043431 on Feb 12, 2009

this changed my life i have used it for the last 9 months and notice a big difference when i stop taking it for a while

Highest hyperforin content!

Posted by Reviewer3267106 on Nov 28, 2011

Hyperforin is what you want for the antidepressant and anxiolytic effects. Nature's Way, Perika, St. John's Wort contains the highest level of hyperforin at the moment.

Definetely works!

Posted by Reviewer2878046 on Oct 18, 2011

I have tried St Johns Wort in extract form and did not realy feel it worked for the depression I have. My depression is pretty bad some days. Then I went on this product. After one week I could feel it kick in. Seriously one of the few suppliments I can truly say works for me. I use at least 2 caps through out the day. Try it...so much better than the drugs.

Dreamy

Posted by Reviewer2917796 on Jan 18, 2012

I don't take the full dose recommended on the bottle - it brings my overall mood up a notch, helps with falling asleep also. Some other SJW supplements make me feel a little on edge, this one does not. It does however give me incredibly vivid, often bizarre dreams.